A queston for Crate V series owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doh.....I guess all of my typing was pretty redundant then
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
      doh.....I guess all of my typing was pretty redundant then
      yeah. Pretty much. Especially in this board where there are members who have stacks and stacks of tube amps which will easily put many guitar stores to shame.

Anyways, I found another way to run the amp at ultra-low volumes and still get great tube feel. Remember, I'm playing on the clean channel with a distortion pedal in front. the other day my 2 year old is sleeping in her crib and the amp is in the same bedroom, I turned the clean vol all the way down, and boosted the gain and level all the way up in the MXR 10 band eq. Instantly, I got great tube feel at ultra low volumes. Of course the tone, is still coming from a Uber metal which is solid-state, but the spongy, tube feel and sustain for days feel was unbeatable.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
        Ok, I just finished a 2 hour noise making session with my V18 212 and WOW my freakin ears HURT! That thing is so damn loud on just level 4! I am loving this thing! Great tone with it as long as you run an EQ in front to trim down the bass. Killer "vintage" distortion with it, and then when you run a pedal with it..look out!!! This thing lOVES pedals. I am gonna have so much friggin fun with this.

Did you also try running the EQ in the loop? It's very "Mesa" sounding using it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
          Did you also try running the EQ in the loop? It's very "Mesa" sounding using it that way.
          Yeah, I had a whole plethora of pedals that I was using. A Behringer EQ, Distortion, and Chorus, and Danelectro Flanger, and Phaser. If you tweak the Phaser just right when using the EQ and just the amp's distorion you can get tones very reminicent of what Kiss used back when they still kicked ass LOL.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I have the V18-112 version. I'm going change the pre-amp tubes out fore more headroom. I don't like the fact that it muddys out early. I also changed the stock speaker to a Celestion Vintage 30. I can't complain for I paid under 130.00 for it. Mine does the same thing.
            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
              I have the V18-112 version. I'm going change the pre-amp tubes out fore more headroom. I don't like the fact that it muddys out early. I also changed the stock speaker to a Celestion Vintage 30. I can't complain for I paid under 130.00 for it. Mine does the same thing.
              what brand are the preamp tubes? I saw that the power tubes are sovtek.
              Sam

Comment

12AX7's and Unknown manufactures.
                2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

I have to say im using the Crate 2/12 cabs.. with cheaper Celestions in
                  them, but they sound great at loud bedroom volume at least. I paid
                  $130 a piece for them out the door including tax! Brand new..

Comment

Working...
                  X