Dual-channel Hush/gate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-channel Hush/gate question

Has anyone set up a dual-channel gate (eg. Rocktron Hush IICX) with one channel between a guitar and the amp input, and the second channel running in the effects loop? I'm currently using a Rocktron Guitar Silencer in the effects loop of my practice rack rig, while my brother is using the gate portion of a DOD multi-effects of his Peavey XXX. The Silencer has two "banks" but only runs one at a time. I was thinking that I should let my brother use the Silencer in front of his XXX, and switch to a Hush IICX or similar in my rig since I only have one available rack space and might benefit from having something in front of the preamp as well as in the loop. In order for the Silencer to be truly useful where it is, I have to set the threshold control so high that my cleans get completely mangled.

I have to assume that this would work, but I'm concerned that potential ground loops might negate any benefits.
    sigpic

Worked for me just dandy... Ran it before my CAE3+se and in the path right before all the effects went into the VHT 2150

Was just a bit tooooo clamping, haha... But, did exactly what i wanted actually. Use a Hush IIC I believe it is....

Comment

You can use a Boss NS2 like that with the 4-cable method.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I did this with my Decimator Pro RackG that I had for a while but it introduced TONS of ground hum. You need to hack the ground off of one end of one of your patch cables or insert a ground lift device in the signal somewhere, at least with my 5150.

Comment

Agreed that is a definite possibility... Just depends... You'll know right away if you need to lift a ground on a cable.

Comment

Working...
          X