Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok tone guru's... what is the basics to Satch's tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody played an Ibanez at some point of time. They're like Fender Strats. But only a few have been "had".
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      The thing with these multi-fx units is that there are so many tones in them, that your ears actually get "tired". if you've already spent 10 mins or more trying to get a tone, you better stop, save the patch and revisit it after a few hours.

its the same situation when you walk into a perfume shop. They make you smell coffee beans to neutralize all the perfumes you've smelled until then. Because you have been tweaking so much, your ears cant make out the difference between good and bad anymore. That's why after hours of tweaking, you come up with your "perfect" patch, only to realize the next day that it sounds like utter crap.
      +1....Find a tone you like and jam on it for a few hours, come back the next and it's like wtf was I thinking? Been there.

I'm not sure what Andy Timmons uses...just tryin' to make a funny. (still don't like Ibanez though)
      www.JerryRobison.com
      '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Working...
      X