Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own the "Damage Control " Pedal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own the "Damage Control " Pedal ?

Man, this vid has me stoked to get the Solid Metal pedal!
    Even BillZ would agree this is a great sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXChv...eature=related

Mine has been just "OK" for me mate, give it a good test before you buy IMO...

Comment

The concept sounds great. The clips sound great. I would need to hear one in person plugged into my amp to know for sure. Certainly sounds like a good pedal. Kind of like a Chandler Tube Screamer but for metal.

Comment

I figure if i find one at GC or SamAsh, i can always try it out for week, and
        then return it. That is at least one thing good about the big 2!
        Thanks for the feedback guys.. just sounded real good on Youtube,
        and i know thats hard to do...cause my vids sound 40% less than they
        do in person as opposed to on Youtube.
        Last edited by Robert Burns; 11-29-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I just got one yesterday (Solid Metal), and I've only played it on my Microcube so I don't have the best measure of how it will sound (I'll play it on a Fender Bassman pretty soon). However, it is pretty awesome so far! I had the Seymour Duncan Mayhem and it sounded very natural, but it didn't have that much gain. Maybe a boost pedal through it would have helped. However, I like this pedal better so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DCZX View Post
            I just got one yesterday (Solid Metal), and I've only played it on my Microcube so I don't have the best measure of how it will sound (I'll play it on a Fender Bassman pretty soon). However, it is pretty awesome so far! I had the Seymour Duncan Mayhem and it sounded very natural, but it didn't have that much gain. Maybe a boost pedal through it would have helped. However, I like this pedal better so far.
            Thanks let me know.. sure sounded great on Youtube!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Man, this vid has me stoked to get the Solid Metal pedal!
              Even BillZ would agree this is a great sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXChv...eature=related
              Just bought a used one about a week ago. The best feature of the pedal is the drive boost, it basicly doubles where ever you set the gain control.
              It's a good thick sounding distortion pedal when ran into a clean all tube amp. I run mine into a`74 Super lead or my`76 1987 50watt.
              The only thing I don't like about it is that it only seems to do the "Scooped Mid" metal tone. It actually doesn't have a Mid knob!, only a knob that's called "Scoop". If you want to get a great`80's hard rock/metal tone out of this pedal, it won't be easy!, I tried.
              So, if you like that ultra scooped metal tone all the time, This is the pedal for you!
              Having said that, I still like my Tonebone Hot British pedal for all my hard rock/metal tones.

Comment

So I've played with my Solid Metal pedal through a Fender Bassman and it's pretty good. It definitely has a different feel than my old line 6 uber metal. It responds a lot quicker it seems. The low end chunk is very good with this pedal and sounds very good. My only complaint is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of mids available. The "scoop" control works well but I probably won't ever turn it pass 12 o clock. Nevertheless, the distortion is heavy and thick capable of whatever metal you want to throw at it. Compared to the Seymour Duncan mayhem pedal, I think this one is better. However, I liked the lead tones almost a little better on the Mayhem, except for the lack of gain. I was really disappointed with that pedal, which is why I exchanged it for the Damage Control pedal. I think this sounds much more realistic than my Uber Metal and I'm really enjoying playing it. Playing with my band was more fun, but I found that the dynamics had changed a little bit compared to the old pedal and I had to adjust! Change for the good. Anyway, if you want to know anything about this pedal just ask.

thanks

p.s. here's the list of (metal) pedals I've owned: Boss Metal Zone, DOD Death Metal (yuck), Rocktron Metal Planet, H&K Warp, Korg Hyper Distortion, Line 6 Uber Metal, Seymour Duncan Mayhem.

Comment

Working...
                X