Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugera, Windsor, maybe even valve jr or blackheart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera, Windsor, maybe even valve jr or blackheart?

I'm not gigging and I'm looking for a good classic rock, 80's hair to brown sounding amp. No I don't have enough for a mesa or marshall and I don't want to buy used. I'm mostly looking at a peavey Windsor or Bugera 6260. I don't really want a half stack so the Bugera combo fits the bill a little better. I know peavey makes quality stuff that lasts and holds up well. I know that Behringer makes the Bugera but I don't know a lot about them. They sound great on youtube and I'm going to test one before I buy but I'm concerned about reliability. Both are roughly the same price, and I'm not concerned about the lack of versatility in the windsor I'm just looking for a great distortion at a reasonable price. Lastly I'm actually considering a blackheart little devil or valve junior. I've heard some fantastic plexi sounding clips on youtube with a cheap attenuator and pedal through these amps. These two would obviously be the way to go for price and since I'm not gigging they would work fine for me. What are you thoughts and I appreciate some suggestions!

By the time you buy the amp, the pedal and an attenuator you already spent enough money to get an amp that won't need a pedal or attenuator.
    Tell me how much money you want to spend and I will give you some ideas.

Comment

Well I guess I just wasted a post, I've been looking at the blackheart and I already have a MI crunch box pedal and delay. I found the mini mass attentuators for $75 and I just pulled the trigger on the little devil head for $129. I guess if I can't get the sound out of it, I'll sell it off or give it to my daughter to play. Sorry about the waste of a post.

Comment

Get a THD Univalve or Bivalve. They've already got a Hotplate attenuator built in, and they sound great. I've got a Univalve and love it.
        THD Electronics is a company specializing in products for the music industry, specifically tube amplification and products catering to tube amps.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

don't feel bad about wasting a post. We recycle them around here anyway. I've been using some of Toejam's hand-me-downs for years. Such classics as, "I don't know what MOTO stands for", "nice guitar!" and "that's a JJP". And who could ever forget, "Fuck you too!"?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Gary, I do know what MOTO stands for. Everything else I've used, though. Fuck Lee, too! :ROTF:
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you got in trouble for "Wasted Posts"...i would get life imprisonment!

Comment

Pie is amazing!... Wait a second!
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Well I decided to back out of the blackheart deal so I'm still looking. I like the features and sounds of the bugera but I'm concerned about reliability since everyone's telling horror stories about behringers products. I'll have to take a hard look at the Peavey windsor half stack now.

Comment

Working...
                  X