Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whats so special about the Bogner "Alchemist" ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whats so special about the Bogner "Alchemist" ??

Pro's and Cons? Everybody seems to be stoked to get one?

Cheaper price for a "real" Bogner, but made by Line 6 (IIRC)

Comment

Pretty much...

Says Bogner on it, and costs half of a real one...

I'm told it is somewhat iffy tho... Sad.. I had some hopes for it. Probably ok for the dough tho...

Comment

I heard one at GC a while back. They had just unboxed checked it out and put it away. I am not a connisiourof amps but it sounded pretty sweet to me. A nice array of tones to.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

I'd like to hear one just for fun. I was really excited about these when I had my SpiderValve, but now that I have a Mesa F-100 and a Mesa Subway Rocket, I'm just kinda luke-warm about it. I'll stop in and check one out though. They were a little more expensive than I was expecting them to be. I'd probably just watch for a good deal on a used Shiva instead.

Comment

The clean setting is fine. The lead setting is fine. The crunch setting is weak. The effects are fine.

Basically, this amp is the epitome of mediocre pseudo-high-end Chinese made whateverness.

For $1k, go by a Carvin or Peavey or any number of fantastic used heads.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I didn't get a chance to plug one in, but what I'm reading here confirms my suspicions that it's Chinese. I guess it's a sign of the times when the "standards" of years gone by are all following the cheap labor wherever it leads, whether its Chinese Bogners or Mexican 5150s.

Admittedly, the Alchemist 2x12 cab *looks* interesting to me as a rackmount user.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X