Help buying an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help buying an amp

For the longest time, I was a solid state man (still own a Peavey Revolution head and also have a Vox AD50VT combo) but I'm feeling that I want a tube amp after having played a few combos at Sam Ash. Initially, I wanted a Bugera, having played one in the store, but I have been scared off by the horror stories. Also was looking at a Krank stuff am not totally sold.

I like to play a variety of stuff (ZZ Top, Hendrix, High on Fire, Motorhead, Entombed) and am looking for something at most around 1200-1500.

Thanks in advance

Well...if your Odin, then just make it appear! Ok...joke asside..
    Used equipment is what you should go for.. Clean used JSX head around
    $850 Clean used Mesa Rect. around $800.00 If your into rack gear,
    then look at the Mesa stereo 50/50 amps..VHT 2/50/2 and 2/90/2 (my
    fave. Peavey makes a great XXX! Get a clean near mint used one for
    $600 GC has a "used" section to go thru, and you can save at least 40%
    off of MSRP...and if it has 5 stars..then it's clean. Or check out the classifieds around the internet. I just saw today at GC...Peavey JSX head
    $1379.00 (new one) On Harmony Central a guy had a mint 9 month old JSX for
    $800.00 SHIPPED!

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I found a XXX on the Guitar Center site (says it is a 212) for 799 (4 stars). Does that price sound ok or do you think it can be talked down some? Any advice on how to do that? Know that sounds dumb...

I think I am going to call the GC and see if it is still available. I can swing through that area on my way south to visit some friends.

Also, the Bugera stuff looks (front panel at least) kinda like some Peavey stuff... is it pretty much just poorer quality copies?
      Last edited by I Am Odin; 12-01-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I believe the 333 is a JSX knock off and the 6262 is the 5150 copy.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Carvin X100B Reissue.

Comment

Working...
          X