ADA MP-1 (didnt like it for 10 months after i bought it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MP-1 (didnt like it for 10 months after i bought it

Too noisy... thin sounding.. Finally i decide to try it once more..or sell it.
    Looking with a flashlight in the back i notice a knob that controls the input level...turned OFF! Or clear down to 1 anyway. So i turn it up to
    about 7... and all of the sudden i can hear those 80's tones! Yes, im
    an idiot! So i PM Hippytim and he tells me to put the ADA thru the GT-10's "Effects Loop".. Worked great! So here is another vid, of my previously thick mushy tone... that now
    cuts pretty good with a nice edge! I should read my manuals more! :ROTF: Let me know if it' sounds better.. Awesome in person.. moves the
    air like an Uber!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l439Fjezy1I

Robert, sounds great to me. It sounds pretty full. Don't feel bad. I have a GCX Switcher and a Ground Control Pro and I can't figure out how to program them. The manual is not much help either. I've had them for about a year now. I run my ADA MP-1 through the BBE Sonic Maximizer (482i or 882i), then into the VHT 2/90/2 with the G-Major in the effects loop. Sounds like a Marshall with some hair! I had Trace at Voodoo Amps mod it with the Deluxe Mod. Same day turn around!

Sounds great!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yep, much better indeed.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
        Robert, sounds great to me. It sounds pretty full. Don't feel bad. I have a GCX Switcher and a Ground Control Pro and I can't figure out how to program them. The manual is not much help either. I've had them for about a year now. I run my ADA MP-1 through the BBE Sonic Maximizer (482i or 882i), then into the VHT 2/90/2 with the G-Major in the effects loop. Sounds like a Marshall with some hair! I had Trace at Voodoo Amps mod it with the Deluxe Mod. Same day turn around!

Sounds great!
        *** Is that the 3.666 Mod? I should do that maybe..

Comment

mucho better Robert...still lose the delay tho
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I've been there before man! I have an Engl 620 preamp with a push button on back for "line/instrument" and it was pushed in. Therefore it didnt have alot of output. I almost did the same thing as you, then I was giving it a once over and noticed that.
            It's a beast now and I'll never sell it.
            Those ADA's are awesome units for sure. I had an MP-2, and I want another one again someday.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Sounds good Robert.
              Too many clothes though!
              hehe
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

sounds good, Robert.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  *** Is that the 3.666 Mod? I should do that maybe..
                  Well, no actually. I think that stuff (components) are available through the ADA Depot. Voodoo amps does some tweaking, but keeps the unit pretty much stock enhancing what is already there.
                  http://www.voodooamps.com/home/Modif...8/Default.aspx
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

And you guys i thought i used too much delay ?? :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KdzV...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                      Looking with a flashlight in the back i notice a knob that controls the input level...

Hmmmmm (looks behind my MP-1 to check for this mysterious knob)

That's for the FX loop. At least on mine it's under the little text bracket [-----FX Loop-----]

Did you have something in the loop? I don't.
                      Last edited by Newc; 12-04-2008, 07:51 PM.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Alright! another one saved from being treated like a dirty whore on ebay, lol.
                        You can squeeze a lot out of them for not a lot of cash, win win.
                        Grats!
                        Both of mine are getting a full overhaul for the second a final stage of their lives, Mod 4 on one is being done now, along with all upgraded components as they will be
                        with me for keeps. Can't wait to get number 1 back!
                        Last edited by Trem; 12-05-2008, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Nice fat tone now RB I would roll back the bass just a bit on the GT-10 and back up on some of the delay.JMO tho'
                          My Intellifex has a nice full tone like that love the MP-1's just as much.I stuck two old Mullard tubes in mine and it seemed to give it a little creaminess.Two Mullards in my Jackson JX-3 pre-amp too Oh! and in my ADA microtube 100 as well.
                          Yeah you have some edge in there too,now mess around tweaking the factory setting I'm sure you will get it dialed in.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            Nice fat tone now RB I would roll back the bass just a bit on the GT-10 and back up on some of the delay.JMO tho'
                            My Intellifex has a nice full tone like that love the MP-1's just as much.I stuck two old Mullard tubes in mine and it seemed to give it a little creaminess.Two Mullards in my Jackson JX-3 pre-amp too Oh! and in my ADA microtube 100 as well.
                            Yeah you have some edge in there too,now mess around tweaking the factory setting I'm sure you will get it dialed in.
                            Thanks! I did this vid after just messing with my "New" MP-1 for about
                            an hour.. Im sure i can make it much tighter..and cleaner within a week
                            or so? These things take time to "tinker".. :-))

Comment

Working...
                            X