Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got to hear eng blackmore 100watt amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got to hear eng blackmore 100watt amp.

Wow, incredible sound from it.
    Surprisingly it does both well (crunch and soft mellow chorus stuff) but it really shines with the gain. Very sweet gain/crunch and for solo's its very nice too. I'm impressed and didn't expect it to sound as well as it does/did.
    If I had the money to acquire one I'd grab one in a heart beat.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Those new Engl's are very impressive indeed!
    My friend Scott had the 60w Fireball, but now he has the 100w Powerball head and it fuggin rips man!
    He has the gain on 3 or 4 and that's all that's needed believe me.

I like that Blackmore head and the Invader head. But since I'm running rackmount and using the ancient Engl 620 tubepreamp, I'd like to eventually upgrade to the E670 preamp.
    It's like $2200 though
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I definitely have an interest in the E570... It's somewhat affordable, haha... $1600 new, 1100-1300 used...

Comment

Even though youtube isn't anywhere like playing it and hearing it in person.
        Even so you can hear the excellent gain of these puppies.

Gain:
        Demonstration of this amps third channel. Played on a LTD MH-400 with active EMGs (81/85). The G-Major is bypassed and doesn't affect the sound. Cab is a ENG...

Clean:
        This amps Clean-Channel played on a LTD MH-400 with active EMGs (81/85). The G-Major adds some reverb and a little bit of a chorus effect.

This one is a clearer better recording: You get the idea...
        engl ricthie blackmore sur un baffle vht 4x12 en canal hi gain avec ou sans l'eq 10 band externe mxr . je joue sur une gibson les paul classic
        Last edited by Soap; 12-02-2008, 04:56 PM.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Up the Irons!!
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            Up the Irons!!
            +1
            Maybe the dingo at your baby?