amp searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp searching

ok well I need a new combo. tubes are a must. i cant spend much, 400-600. it doesnt have to be really loud 50 watts is perfect. i have read good things about the valveking but i havent playd one. Ive also been looking at the classic 30 and the vypyr 60w tube, i like what the vypyr... can anyone help me?
    Maybe the dingo at your baby?

I played a valveking at GC and found it to be a good general purpose amp sound. I hear they aren't very reliable though (due to being made in China).

If I only had $400-$600 to spend, I'd check out the B-52 AT-212 combo. Lots of sounds, all tube, and after the initial batch a few years ago, very reliable.
    Scott

Comment

Look into the Vox Valvetronix series. It has a tube preamp so you still get that warm fuzzy feeling. It is a modeling amp but I can get just about any amp sound, even at low volume.
      2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
      2007 DK2m White Bengal
      88 Jackson limited edition
      Charvel Preditor
      PS-3T Rhoads Performer
      Jackson DX10D
      3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
      4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
      Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
      Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

I have no idea if you can get Blackstar amps over that side of the pond?
        http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-5/index.html
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mastershake View Post
          ok well I need a new combo. tubes are a must. i cant spend much, 400-600. it doesnt have to be really loud 50 watts is perfect. i have read good things about the valveking but i havent playd one. Ive also been looking at the classic 30 and the vypyr 60w tube, i like what the vypyr... can anyone help me?
          Carvin MTS3200

Comment

the carvin looks nice but its abit out of my price range.

Comment

Laney AOR 50 1x12. Comes with a sealed cab as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Laney AOR 50 1x12. Comes with a sealed cab as well.
                dude, i cant find these anywhere???

Comment

Originally posted by mastershake View Post
                  ok well I need a new combo. tubes are a must. i cant spend much, 400-600. it doesnt have to be really loud 50 watts is perfect.
                  100 watts isn't twice as loud as 50. 50 watts will also be pretty damn loud. Hell, a 1-watt tube amp is loud.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    100 watts isn't twice as loud as 50. 50 watts will also be pretty damn loud. Hell, a 1-watt tube amp is loud.
                    +1.

I found my AOR 50 combo a few years ago. I really wish it was the AOR 30, because

a) it's still way too load (I already have an AOR 50 head)

b) it weighs a ton. The 30 version would have been much lighter. I personally think they are lying because you can't get 30 watts from a pair of 6V6's. Just 15 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I personally think they are lying because you can't get 30 watts from a pair of 6V6's. Just 15 watts.
                      Didn't the AOR 30 have a quartet of 6V6's? Also, Fender gets 20 watts out of a pair of 6V6's in their Deluxe Reverb.

Comment

Working...
                      X