No announcement yet.

gear; soon to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to avoid buying a ton of gear yet get all those great tones you're chasing along with top notch effects, have you considered a Fractal Audio Axe Fx? It will do everything we're talking about here including drop tuning without having to touch your guitar to do it
    It will also fit in a much smaller rack
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      .....It will also fit in a much smaller rack
      SACRELIDGE!!! We of the JCF are lovers of the BIG RACK!!

There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        If you want to avoid buying a ton of gear yet get all those great tones you're chasing along with top notch effects, have you considered a Fractal Audio Axe Fx? It will do everything we're talking about here including drop tuning without having to touch your guitar to do it
        It will also fit in a much smaller rack
        Yea, but he might not have studied the Fractal Audio Axe FX yet.
        I probably wasted my time giving him some advise but its all good.
        Been there.. done that.. and will do it again and again. Somebody has to set these kids in the right direction. I wish somebody was around to help me out back in the old days when my entire band would plug into a Radio Shack Splitter into 1 Traynor Amp and have band practice until the amp exploded. Then my bandmates dad would swear and fix it and we would blow it up again. In those days I played a Sears Silvertone guitar that was $69.00 at Apex Pawn brokers into an MXR Distortion + pedal plugged into the input of my parents home 8 track Quadrophonic stereo. That rig lasted me almost 3 years and I wore out almost every Kiss and Aerosmith album I had.
        Oh.. the good old days.

Comment

ok... im basically done with this thread
          lol theres not much else to post

thanks for the advice, i cant afford the g force, yet, maybe a g major, but for now ill stick with my analog effects
          Jackson/Charvel. Mesa/Boogie. MXR. Dunlop. Seymour Duncan. Any questions..???

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
            Although some things definitely suck, almost nothing is "best"... It's really just what works "best for you"...

You may not need a noise gate or whatever, it's what YOU have a use for.
            +1 although its hard to know what works best til you try it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking I've "tried" about $40k+ (conservatively) of stuff to find out I didn't like it...

Ugh...

Comment

Okay, so you like the Mk IV. Good.

I have heard great things about the Decimator. However, I've always thought of a noise gate as something to cancel hum, not cancel hiss. I could be wrong though, since a good amp isn't noisy, even at high-gain/high-volume.

Save money and get a good multi-effects unit. I prefer plugging straight into the amp myself, but I hear great things about the G-Major. Don't write things off before you try them. You may be dead set on getting your vintage analog reverb unit, but the G-Major might handle reverb just fine.

Bottom line - let your ears decide for you, not some cranky old geezers on the JCF.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  Okay, so you like the Mk IV. Good.

I have heard great things about the Decimator. However, I've always thought of a noise gate as something to cancel hum, not cancel hiss. I could be wrong though, since a good amp isn't noisy, even at high-gain/high-volume.

Save money and get a good multi-effects unit. I prefer plugging straight into the amp myself, but I hear great things about the G-Major. Don't write things off before you try them. You may be dead set on getting your vintage analog reverb unit, but the G-Major might handle reverb just fine.

Bottom line - let your ears decide for you, not some cranky old geezers on the JCF.
                  you forgot bitter.

Comment

Working...
                  X