Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANDALL G3 Serie

Hello,
    I'm looking for a new amp, combo, 100w or 200w. I think this Randall: http://www.thomann.de/fr/randall_rg200g3.htm
    is a monster, what dou you think about it ? Do you use it ? What do you know about valve dynamic technology ?

I own this amp (check my avatar)...but mine has digital effects (which I don't use...I run an RP150 through the effects loop).

This amp is loud, crunchy, and clean...no matter what level. It is louder and cleaner than many half and full stacks I have heard. I LOVE it! Mine is loaded with Celestion 7 Eightys, looks like the one you have linked here has different Celestions in it?

I don't really know what the Valve Dynamics does...I think it is basically a tube preamp running the solid state amp. All I do know is the VD logo looks like a boob...they really didn't think that one through. =]
    Last edited by MarkThomas; 12-14-2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Ok, thank you. Speakers are 12" Seventy 80 Celestion. And what is the difference between transistor and hybrid amps, in the sound, and between hybrides and tubes amps ? thanks once more

Comment

Hey Vrac-

I am not sure of the sound differences in the different styles of amps as I am no expert, but if you play rock/metal and will be running effects, you will love that Randall amp.

If you can, head down to your local shop and try a few amps (with the gear you play, if you can) and get a feel for what works for you.

Comment

Yes, but in France, there are not a lot of Randall amps, peapople think the british sound is better, and sellers dont't like when you ask them to try something

Comment

I see...well, if you want a rich, crunchy rock and/or metal sound and will be running effects, you will love this amp!

I assume you will be playing a Charvel or Jackson through it, equipped with a humbucker? If so, go for it! If you don't like it, you can blame me

Comment

Yes, my Charvel San Dimas telecaster is reserved for me in the shop. I search a shred and hard rock/metal sound. I love the 80' sound

Comment

If you love the 80's sound....get the Randall... Trust me
                2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                2007 DK2m White Bengal
                88 Jackson limited edition
                Charvel Preditor
                PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                Jackson DX10D
                3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

Ok ! Thank you all so I'll take it during 2009 and i'll tell you what i'm thinkin about

Comment

Keep me posted!

Comment

Working...
                    X