Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can KIND OF see why Hammett uses his wah too much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can KIND OF see why Hammett uses his wah too much.

I picked one up, it sure is fun to play with.

what is it? as in brand , model etc...
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonVHT View Post
      I picked one up, it sure is fun to play with.
      oh yeah , new wah love !!!

Anyone who uses a wah has had it, I got it with each new wah I've had. I'm currently using the bad horsie 2. I would recommend this petal, built like a tank. It certainly fits my needs, however I really don't use it that much. The most use it does see, is during warm up free jams.

Merry Christmass all
      Jay
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I went to the guitar shop and tried out a few pedals.

Zakk Wylde, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, 535Q, and a couple of others.

I walked out with a Vox Wah, that thing was just killer. I'm having a bunch of fun playing lead licks with it.

Never tried the bad horsies though!

Comment

I got a Cry Baby wah several years ago. It's supposed to be an 'exact' model of Hendrix's. All I know is that it's fun to play around with, especially when I want to get some funky sounds out of ye' ol' shredder.
          Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Wah pedals are indeed fun as hell! I got a GCB-95 Crybaby years ago off ebay (a limited edition copper casing) and loved it. It sits in its box now because the copper tarnishes real easy. I also had a Crybaby 95-Q switchless wah, and now I use a Morley Tremonti switchless, as well as a modified GCB-95, modified by our own board member John (jgcable)... it's got a vocal mod to give it more of warmer, throaty Vox/Hendrix type of sound. I had another one modded by John that also had a switch put in on the side to turn it into a volume pedal when you kicked it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Stock Crybaby GCB-95 (35 dollars, couldn't pass it up).
              I played it constantly for a couple of weeks, and now rarely use it.

It is a fun toy though!

Comment

Using the wah wah makes you sound like a better player than you really are. That's probably why Kirk uses it.

I can play a solo and sound shit, but the same solo through a wah wah sounds totally professional and fluid. They rock!
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Green Snarling Dog... Cheapo...but it sounds pretty good to me..
                  i realise a Clyde or others are way better, but i think i only paid $59 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                    Using the wah wah makes you sound like a better player than you really are. That's probably why Kirk uses it.

I can play a solo and sound shit, but the same solo through a wah wah sounds totally professional and fluid. They rock!
                    yep.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I use a stock GCB-95 currently but it is about to be modded. I also like the wah on my Boss GT-8. My favorite is the Bad Horsie II. The Bad Horsie is another great wah. Budda makes a wah that is incredible.

Comment

In the old days I thought the wah was a crutch for a player who wanted to sound better then they actually were. I was 100% wrong. Using a wah pedal correctly is an art and takes much skill, practice and a really good ear. Just listen to Schenker, Roth, Satriani and Vai.

Comment

Crap, now I have to go find my wah. I've only used it twice and now I want to again.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I used to use a wah (crybaby Q95?) live for a few tunes... Iron maiden Number of the beast solos... Some Metallica and the lead for a tune by a popular dysfunct local metal band called Purgatory, and other than that, I'd never touch it. Hasn't been plugged in for quite a while.

Never had the urge for it...

Comment

I'm getting wah envy here, heh heh.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X