Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can KIND OF see why Hammett uses his wah too much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Kerry Fuckin' King, I believe.
    that guy is such a douche....adding "fucking" as his middle name. damn, you guys bag on hammett a lot, but at least he plays in key!!

okay, as far as wah...i LOVE mine. i have one of the first VOX reissues from when they first came out. it is SO throaty and vocal. the only thing i hate is that it isn't rue bypass. it eats my tone bad. i am thinking about having a pedal loop built for the front of my amp and just leaving the vox on, but bypassing it with the pedal loop....

as far as technique, i agree with something that john said earlier...it takes a bit of skill to manipulate a wah in a good way. for me (like a lot of you) it's a tone filter. i turn it on and move it through a couple of different sounds throughout a solo for drama.

i will shift it while i am slurring a note, or if i am up high i have it forward so the high registers are emphasized, and back if if i am down low...

most of the time it is somewhere in the middle to notch my mids.

it is certainly a fun toy!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a switchless Crybaby 95Q, I use it more as an flanger or something and sometimes I hold it in a certain frequency to get George Lynch-ish tone but other than that I don't want to use it... even for funk I rather prefer pure guitar tone
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

for da funk, i use the green DOD envelope filter. works WAY better than trying that with a wah....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          that guy is such a douche....adding "fucking" as his middle name. damn, you guys bag on hammett a lot, but at least he plays in key!!
          LOL Indeed!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Slamming Kerry King is uncalled for.

Consider this warning number 1.

Comment

wah rocks!!, i've a cry baby gcb-95, the problem when gets dirt in the contact
              ------------------------------------------------
              Jackson King V Pro Mustaine Model
              Fender Stratocaster 90'
              Acustic Taylor Baby
              Marshal 8100 Lead 4x12 1812 Model

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                until he bends a note!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by markD
                  that guy is such a douche....adding "fucking" as his
                  Agreed, but Slayer is Slayer... and you gotta give Slayer props for being Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    until he bends a note!
                    true. that's when kerry king is actually in key!!!!
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I totally know why Hammet uses his wah so much..:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                      X