Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model software Q -> Whats better flat eq speaker cabinet or set of studio monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model software Q -> Whats better flat eq speaker cabinet or set of studio monitors?

I've pretty well set on using Peavey's Revalver permanently for my setup.

I've been using a guitarport for an interface, running the RCA out to the effects loop of a HD147 with a line 6 cabinet loaded with the flat eq celestions.

Sounds pretty deadly (about 5x better than actually going direct in to the hd147 :ROTF.

I was thinking of shedding the half-stack in favor of a pair of M-audio monitors and maybe a better interface. Anyone have any luck in this regard?

Originally posted by thez0r View Post
    I've pretty well set on using Peavey's Revalver permanently for my setup.

I've been using a guitarport for an interface, running the RCA out to the effects loop of a HD147 with a line 6 cabinet loaded with the flat eq celestions.

Sounds pretty deadly (about 5x better than actually going direct in to the hd147 :ROTF.

I was thinking of shedding the half-stack in favor of a pair of M-audio monitors and maybe a better interface. Anyone have any luck in this regard?
    Yeah, I use M-Audio BX8a's with my Pod XT Pro, it sounds awesome this way.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
      Yeah, I use M-Audio BX8a's with my Pod XT Pro, it sounds awesome this way.

-Nate

Do you use the tones from the PODXT or other software (ie, revalver)?

I was thining of maybe cheaping out and getting the AV40s or BX5's.

Comment

I use the av40 as my computer monitors and like them a lot. I got them over others mainly because of the extra input on the front which I use to plug my pod, drum machine, etc into. It works really well that way and the pod sounds good through them.

Comment

Working...
        X