Wireless Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Headphones

I need some recommendations on which wireless headphones to check out. I've seen the SENNHEISER RS140 recommended here on the forums. They are a bit out of my price range at $330 AU. I can't locate, locally any used ones.
    These ones are in the ballpark
    AKG K206AFC which are about $200 on ebay and a few other places. Does anyone have any experience with these or similar. They will be used at home with a pod or V amp.
    Cheers
    Sorry for writing in pink something has gone screwy

Last edited by thebeggar; 12-18-2008, 10:25 PM.

You can get em cheaper than that stateside. I bought mine off ebay from user "vminnovations". I see he has the RS120's up for $59 BIN but no RS140's right now- The ones I got were refurbished. I've had em at least 2 years and they work & sound great.

I see some up by other sellers for $150-ish American. I don't know those sellers, but I have no problem with VM. They have 65k feedback- Would not be surprised at all if they shipped internationally.

Here's a $200 AU BIN on Ebay AUS... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sennheiser-RS...3286.m20.l1116

Comment

I have an older set of Sonys that I use all the time. They have their place. Since they're wireless, they have a certain amount of compression on them, and if they sit there for a minute or two without a hot enough signal, it cuts the signal off, giving you static through the cans, which can definitely make you jumpy, if you have them, cranked!
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I had a pair for a little while (I thought they were Sonys) to use with my modeler, but they had latency that made it really weird to play (notes sounding after I had played them). I think they would've been fine for listening to music, but they didn't work for monitoring my own playing, due to the latency issue.

Comment

Thanks for the link Vass. What's weird is that that sale is in Aussie $$ but the seller is located in the states. I'm very close to hitting the BIN on this cos even at $240 this is about the equivalent to a pair of RS 120's in the shops.

I was hoping to get pair for Chrissie(as a present from mum god luv her) but I might have to employ a bit of patience and get them shipped from the states.

Comment

Working...
          X