Custom Audio Amplifiers OD-100SE+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
    Sounds good! Never heard one before. What are the settings you are using?

I am using Channel 2 with Boost "On".

Bass 3, Mids 4, Treble 7-8?, Presence 7

Also, this amp has "Whomp" setting which is very hard to describe. It seems to change the amount of air being pushed from the cabinet. It is in the sonic realm of low-end but its not extra bass. Its just magical. It makes you feel like you have the amp cranked to 11 but at lower volumes.

In addition, the amp has a Line-In master volume in the rear that enables you to crank the volume on the front and get the tone you want but at house-level volumes. Its awesome!

Comment

Here's another video I just put up!
      Reb Beach Ibanez Voyager https://www.facebook.com/rockinchippy http://www.groomednoodlers.com/forum

Comment

Nice Voyager!
        Good chops, too.

The site describes a "Fender Blackface clean".
        I'm interested to know what model they were thinking of, and what your impression is
        of the clean sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          Nice Voyager!
          Good chops, too.

The site describes a "Fender Blackface clean".
          I'm interested to know what model they were thinking of, and what your impression is
          of the clean sound.
          Thanks!

The clean channel is sparkling and shimmering....its amazing. I will do a video with my Les Paul and highlight the clean tones.

The amp has a Bright switch as well as a Boost switch dedicated to Channel 1 ( clean) so you can really spend hours tweaking tone.

Comment

They use the same description of Blackface Fender clean on Suhr's CAE3+se, and yes it is... Not much comes close to Suhr's stuff in that realm for sure. VERY pretty...

Comment

If, and when...I get to building a two channel, it would have the Deluxe Reverb BF for clean, and I'm still working on the dirty. The SEL's hit the distortion very well, just have to work on some push pulls to push it forward. I'm thinking a half powered SLO.

I built a Tweed Deluxe, and just finished a Marshall style 18 watt variant.
              Cleans are OK, but nothing like the BF Deluxe Reverb. And it has a very sweet distortion to it when cranked. That's what I want for CH1.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                If, and when...I get to building a two channel, it would have the Deluxe Reverb BF for clean, and I'm still working on the dirty. The SEL's hit the distortion very well, just have to work on some push pulls to push it forward. I'm thinking a half powered SLO.

I built a Tweed Deluxe, and just finished a Marshall style 18 watt variant.
                Cleans are OK, but nothing like the BF Deluxe Reverb. And it has a very sweet distortion to it when cranked. That's what I want for CH1.
                That's awesome that you build your own amps!

I was stuck in digital purgatory for about 5 yrs using a Line 6 because I was living in an apartment in the city and I didn't have room or the ability to play at a decent volume.

Do you have any pics of your custom amps?

Comment

Working...
                X