multi effect unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi effect unit

Well, I know questions like this have been asked many times before so let me preface this question stating that I've read pretty much every thread I could find. I have a pod xtl that I bought for the amp models and more and more I'm only using it for the effects. In that mode it isn't as easy to use as I would like and it can't be connected with the 4 cable method. So I'm contemplating selling it to get a unit that does the effect thing a little better. It would be nice to have some amp models for when I still use them, a wah, looper, and 4 cable connection but none required. For those reasons I'm leaning towards a boss gt-10 or a digitech rp1000 which I know isn't out yet so I'm using the rp500 as a base of comparison. I'm also looking at the gsp1101, nova system, or g major and trying to decide if I want better effects or the other added features of the floor units. Nobody around me carries the tc stuff but almost every review says the sounds are great.

I've tinkered with the boss and while most of the knocks of the unit seem to be around tweaking the amp models the effects seemed to be pretty easy to use. The digitech seemed really easy to use for the effects and I didn't really play with the models yet. It was way to noisy to listen to either so I was just trying out the interface. I'm also targeting the 500 or so price range which rules out the g major, even used. I'm not a tweaker which is why I've avoided rack units so far and will use this unit most of the time with my amp in effect only mode. So with that rather lengthy back story how have your experiences with these units been mainly around the effects and not the amp modeling? Ease of use, quality of the unit, and effect quality are highest on the list. I've read the manuals for all the devices and I think the digitech would the easiest to use but the boss would be more configurable. If I'm reading it correctly the boss needs to be programmed to use in pedal board mode so the buttons can on/off the effects instead of preset switching but the programming seemed easy. The rack units I think I would really have to play with to form a better opinion. Also, is there another device I should be considering instead? Most threads tend to gravitate towards talking about the amp models and skimming over the effects and I'm really wondering about the effects. I wasn't considering the pod x3 because it looks like the effects control is pretty much the same as the live.

If you need a looper than no question... go with the GT-10
    If you don't need a looper than no question... go with a GT-8
    I have had just about every modeling processor on the planet and the GT-8/10 are the best for what you need. I use a combination of my Carvin Legacy, and the GT-8 models along with effects and all kinds of combinations. It sounds and works flawlessly. The amp switcher on the GT-8/10 is very handy.
    The X3 and the XT live are not able to work together with an amp like the GT's do.

Comment

Working...
    X