New Amp Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Week

Well, this has been a really busy week in terms of Amps. I got 3, plus one more on the way and 2 will probably go, but pictures will follow shortly:

Framus Dragon
    Marshall JVM410H
    B-52 AT-100
    Framus Cobra (on the way)

The Dragon was the first one that I got. It is a super brutal amp that will let the world know if you're a sloppy player. Great tones, but not sure it's for me yet. Maybe it's very cabinet specific.

The Marshall is great and I wanted one every since it came out. I love all the channels and the footswitch. I can actually sell everything else as I think my amp GAS is over.

B-52 - I traded this with Zeegler. Awesome amp and it rivals the 3 channel Dual Rec that I had. Definitely a keeper, for now.

Framus Cobra - this is enroute as I traded one of my RM100's for it. More brutal than the Dragon??? I'll know next week, but this should be interesting to see if it's a keeper.

Well, I'll have pictures this evening of everything currently in my possession. My wife's been really cool with it also - mainly cause I'm trading and not spending any new money.

MERRY XMAS!!!!!

Wow Pete, you are the new amp guru around here. What a selection. I'll take all of those amps. I've heard really great things about the JVM410H
    I heard a B-52 AT-100 live and it sounded great.
    I've never heard a Framus Dragon live but the sound clips on U-Tube sound good. Crushing tone. Very modern metal.

Comment

If you can keep up this frantic pace, week in and week out for 5 years
      straight, you can take over HippieTims throne!

Comment

Dang, man Nice haul!!
        There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Hope not - I always thought that a couple of amps would be enough for me. Now that I'm set on the JVM, I'm pretty happy and can pare down to the essentials. My wife will be happy, plus I can dictate the price as I don't really have to let them go.

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          If you can keep up this frantic pace, week in and week out for 5 years
          straight, you can take over HippieTims throne!

Comment

Pete, did you ever end up selling the Vetta?

Comment

Nope - Still have it.

Comment

Some pictures - finally...

Marshall

I actually got the wrong footswitch with the Marshall, but for what I paid, it's cool. I'm actually using my Pod XT Live into the serial loop and controlling all of the channel/mode changes with the Pod. The Marshall has a super easy MIDI implementation, but I will get the proper footswitch in the future.

Lots of stuff will be heading for the classifieds soon, so be on the watch...

Comment

Hey Pete. Ya like the grille and Milwaukee logo?

Man, I'd like a JVM too.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Paul - The AT-100 is pretty killer, and much heavier than I thought. It's definitly one of my keepers!!! Yours should be arriving any day now!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X