Just Scored an Avatar G112W Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Scored an Avatar G112W Cabinet

I didnt do too bad either. I needed something for my Voodoo Vrock combo. It is just meh with the internal speaker, but I have ran it through a 1X and a 4X12 and it sounds great. I have a G12H30 and an Eminence Wizard I can try out in the cabinet. The new Avatar 112W is the same size as the contemporary cab. Any thoughts or suggestions on other speakers I might want to try? The 112 I ordered is a closed back.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Nice brother, I just checked out your amp on the Voodoo site. It's got to sound killer, what color tolex did you get? It seems they have all the options. I am sure both of those speakers you have will sound excellent, perhaps an old JBL or an EV would be interesting if you could get your hands on one. That 112 cab with a closed back is a valuable piece of gear, you can experiment in as many ways as possible with different speakers, heads, etc. Guaranteed that baby will sound really nice!

Comment

Black tolex with fender cloth. I also asked for black corner caps. For some reason I just dont understand nickel hardware on a black cabinet. I really dont like the amp at all with the internal speaker. It is a nice piece of handmade gear and is a totally different animal with a cabinet. You might not even believe it is the same amp in a blindfolded test. I had to go use the bathroom at the local music store and a good friend of mine was messing with my Voodoo. As I was coming back I heard something new out on the floor(the store only has like 10 amps) that sounded real good. Ended up being my little 10 watt combo through a 4X12, lol.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
      X