Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what amps did they used to demo this multi fx units in NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what amps did they used to demo this multi fx units in NAMM?

I was thinking yesterday, with all of the talk on what FRFR system works best with any particular multi fx prossesor, what amp did they used to demo the GT8-GT10, TONELABS, RP500s, etc at NAMM??? I would think that the mayor companys tried out many amps, power amps and FRFR systems to see wich one sounded the best when they show there new product no?

So did anyone remember what did they play thru on NAMM and other clinics?

PS: who ever goes to this years NAMM please post what they use and take pics of it. Thanks.
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

I wasn't there but aren't those made by BOSS? don't they use Roland JC amps in their demo videos? Roland owns BOSS.

Comment

Roland JC120's. One on each side.
      Paul Gilbert went direct into the PA system.

Comment

The guy I saw in 04 demoing the Vox Tonelab in the Marshall booth was using a Vox I think (Marshall/Korg/Vox all under one company).

I don't really see a need for a flat response speaker system to use with non-amp-head units. To me it's just being overly anal about something that's going to get re-molded in the mix anyway. If engineers are worried that making a live Marshall sound like a Mesa on tape is too much work, I say let them eat cake.

Flat response is great for production monitoring but complete overkill for instruments.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Flat system or not, I just woul like to know what do they use when they test it to the public, then it would be a smart thing to replicate that setup since I would think that they tried out many setups to see wich one works best.
          '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
          '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
          custom made Les Paul
          VOX Tonelab LE
          Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
          ADA MP1
          BBE 422A
          Lexicon MPX-G2
          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
          Support Your Local 81

Comment

Well, usually it works best for the artist they've got demoing the amp or effect unit. There's no guarantee that's "the best" setup. You may like it better to run your Tonelab through a Fender rather than a Marshall or Vox, for example.

As well, the artist may have an amp endorsement from a different company, but the FX company he's demoing for may want him to use their amps for the live demo.

The key is to find what works best for you.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X