The Pentode Coven:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pentode Coven:

Doesn't matter if you worshipped or practiced, if you cranked the almighty Master Volume to 5 or better, post here. Sometimes it's necessary to create hi gain mayhem and contribute to the world's problem with noise polution! I personally have eradicated my neighborhood of anything that can scurry away!
    Last edited by Joelski; 12-28-2008, 09:40 PM.
    There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

I stuck the volume on a Marshall up to 5 or 6 today.

sounded AWFUL on its own, but nice in the mix
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Luckily for me, my VHT 2/90/2 has a half power switch for 40 watts.
      This enables me to crank to 8 ! Sparkling !

Comment

I'm in...

It's on cuz...

Comment

I have done it with my ENGL Screamer in my room... It was awesome for a week. Then my ear started to hurt . Apparently i've shocked my eardrums.

Neighbours loved it tho
          If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

I ran a hiwatt dr103 custom 100 flat out for approx one sabbath riff in my lounge room and felt like I was gonna explode. Luckily a powertube went first (original mullard too, doh!).

Comment

I routinely run my amps that loud... including my SVT Classic - now that's loud when you get it to 7!
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Decided to bug the neighbors a bit today. Luckily, I have a good basement, with glass block. I don't know that they noticed.

Sadly, the VHT2150 (ran full out), overwhelmes the 75 watt celestions cabs when the CAE3+se breaks much past 70%.

Although that is close to levels I've ran at some live shows, I've done where it actually seemed acceptable. In the house, it's way, way too much.... Ouch...

Comment

Same here man, I wait anxiously for my neighbors to leave then I scurry back to the room to crank it up. Every 15 minutes or so I'll check the window to see if they returned home.
                  Kinda sucks, but I try to get it in when I can ya know?
                  What really sucks is that I have my EQ set for much lower volumes and it sounds different when I rip into it.

But I got smart last week and marked my EQ settings for "loud mode", so now I know where to put them to sound good at higher volumes.
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

My neighbors always hear me loud and clear, but they don't mind. You can really hear it outside too! My double stack of Marshall is fuggin' LOUD! Two 100 watts into four Marshall 1960B cabs. If I'm not playing that, I'm playing the Uberschall. Either way I ALWAYS play loud because that how I dial 'em in, where it matters. Me and my boy always jam, but not so much since he got his new Xbox 360. I had to beg him to play drums so I can dial in my amps. I discovered it is the only wey to dial your tone, because whatever you dial up while practicing will change whenever you need to be at band level. I just use the presence controls on either amp. So my practice settings are the same as my band level settings. The only thing I do is turn the presence up at practice levels...then I'll turn it down a bit so my my teeth don't hurt.

My neighbors are NEVER a prob, in fact they like it. I got the kid next door into playing guitar. His mom bought him a cheap Washburn guitar/amp combo for Christmas. It really needed a setup, it was really "unplayable", but now it's cool after some major tweaking.

The only one that gets pissy sometimes is the wife. She turn the TV up all the way until thr speakers distort..but hey, fuggit...I gotsta play!!!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      The only one that gets pissy sometimes is the wife. She turn the TV up all the way until thr speakers distort..but hey, fuggit...I gotsta play!!!
                      Same here bro! They must be related, cause she does the same shit..
                      It's funny sometimes cause I'll start out low, then she will turn up the tv, then I'll turn up, then her, but of course she's fighting a losing battle....
                      I only do that once in a while cause I hate to hear her bitch later on about it.

When she comes into the room to bitch at me, i turn it up even louder until I cant hear her.
                      Like an automatic mute button for her fuggin jibb.
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven
                      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                      X