Stupid rack questions thread ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid rack questions thread ...

Alright I've called this the stupid rack questions thread, in honor of the rack I'm trying to build. This shit is all new to me.
    A little background is ;
    1) main guitar is ke-2 with seymour duncans
    2) I'm using a Red Voodoo 120 head
    3) cabinets are Marshall 1960 vintageA, Marshall 1960 leadB

The tone I'm getting from this set-up is monstrously good. One of my friends with a musician family and former guitar player stated " that is the best tone I've ever heard !"

So for some reason, even though I'm happy with my tone ..........
    I've decided to see what a rack set-up could do for me and my tone .........

So I've gotten an ADA mp-1, an Alesis midiverb 3, a BBE 462, and a Hush 2 cx.

So I'm pretty new to this, so far I've only hooked up the ADA( I figure learning it 1 piece at a time would be easiest). I had some initial difficulties trying to hook it up through the effects loop. So now I've got my guitar going striaght into the input on the ADA with outputA going to my heads input, this is working: However if I wanted to use the effects loop, how would I go about this ? I tried the simple idea of using the ADA's effects loop connected to the heads fx loop and the guitar into the heads input - this did not work !!! So I probably need to have at least one of the two outputs hooked up to ??? Does this sound close to right ?? All thoughts welcomed !

Thanks
    Jay
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

plug the output of the MP1 into the FX RETURN of the RV120. if you don't hear anything try the standby switch and the master volume.
    Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 12-30-2008, 02:15 PM.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Or run out of the Send of the MP1 into the Return of the head (not the Input or the Send).

The MP1 FX loop has it's own external volume knob. Set that to your liking, though be warned that cranking it may overload the head. Your distortions may sound better, but your cleans will be way dirty.

When you're ready to hook up the midiverb, you can either run out of the MP1's Send into the MV's Input, or from the MP1's Output to the MV's Input. Then it's just MV Output to head Input (on a clean channel!) or into the head's fx Return.

With the MP1 connected to the head's loop, you don't run the guitar into the head's Input. While you can theoretically use the MP1 as merely a boost pedal in the amp's fx loop, or use the head's gain as a boost for the MP1's distortion, it's generally not recommended.
      Last edited by Newc; 12-30-2008, 02:55 PM.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X