Genz Benz El Diablo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genz Benz El Diablo

For $1,400 it can't be that bad right? I've got one lined up for $750 but haven't completely pulled the trigger on it. Anything I should know about? Thanks.
    Gear:
    Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
    Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
    Ibanez RG320
    Ensanada Acoustic
    Peavey Bandit 112
    Soon to Be:
    Pedals!

Takes a long time to dial in your sound, but can get quite BR00TAL!! It is a very crisp distortion and it will reveal all the mistakes in your playing. So it helps you to become a better player. I had the El Diablo head and G-Flex 4x12 cab. The G-Flex cab is probably the cab with the most bottom end to it. I had the setup for a while, but could never quite get the sound i wanted. So now i have a Dr. Z RXES for cleans and a Mesa Boogie Mark IV for the BR00TAL. It's a great price and a pretty decent amp. I like the Genz Benz Black Pearl a lot too. here are a couple good videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdRYSryat5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tehXysvWxck

Comment

I love it, and for $750 it's a great deal. It's very versatile, yet the controls are simple enough to not spend months tweaking your sound (ala Line 6 Vetta).

It goes from crystal clean to Pantera and everything in between. I will say that if you're after ultra "br00tal" modern metal sound (e.g. Nevermore), you may want to look at other amps.

edit: those videos give a good example of the max distortion you'll get.
      Last edited by Spivonious; 12-30-2008, 09:05 PM.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        I love it, and for $750 it's a great deal. It's very versatile, yet the controls are simple enough to not spend months tweaking your sound (ala Line 6 Vetta).

It goes from crystal clean to Pantera and everything in between. I will say that if you're after ultra "br00tal" modern metal sound (e.g. Nevermore), you may want to look at other amps.
        Aah you have the 60C. I'm looking at the 100 watt switchable head.
        Gear:
        Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
        Ibanez RG320
        Ensanada Acoustic
        Peavey Bandit 112
        Soon to Be:
        Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
          Aah you have the 60C. I'm looking at the 100 watt switchable head.
          Get the 60 watt head. Seriously, for some reason it waxes the 100 watt head. Definitely A/B the two before you make a decision; four of us tried both and liked the 60 better. As for brootality, I have a Mk IV combo, and the Genz is as comparable as an amp with a totally different power section can get. The Genz has the same sparkling clean in class A mode and scorching distortion in Class A/B mode. There are a lot of sounds in that amp. For sure the best bang for the buck out there.

I haven't taken a pedal near it yet, and I doubt that I will; it doesn't need any gloss.
          There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Yea I definately agree. Play around with it before purchasing it. I loved the cleans, but the distortion wasn't the kind i was looking for.

Comment

Alright well I really thought about it and I've decided not to pull the trigger.

BUT!!!: My max budget is $850. Some guy has a Soldano SL60 for sale locally and if I can get him down to $800 should I take it? Or should I try to win a fairly priced 5150/6505 off of ebay?
              Gear:
              Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
              Ibanez RG320
              Ensanada Acoustic
              Peavey Bandit 112
              Soon to Be:
              Pedals!

Comment

Clean used Peavey JSX head for $800.00 Guitar Center or Craigs.

Comment

Working...
                X