Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF? Digitech Whammy WH-1's are over 700 dollars?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Dime didn't use that one! hahaha...

Comment

Just craziness... I have an Ibanez WH-10. They go from $250-$400 on ebay. Some maniac has one up for $899 BIN because his is an "ultra rare purple". Frusciante from the Chili Peppers uses one, so some folks are really obessed with it.

Nice wah. I typically use the wah on my Line 6 shortboard when I feel like using one, which is next to never. Still, I'll hold on to it, just to be an ass, so I can say "I have one of those".

It's plastic. You could waffle it real easy if you have a heavy foot. Maybe alot of them did get destroyed & that's why they're in such demand.

I think I bought it because it was cheaper than the crybaby at my local music store, where the options for wahs was exactly 2 models.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        Direct from Jennifer Batten: "Get the Whammy II". She had several of the early ones and said they were noisy, no presets, and they weren't reliable.

I took her advice and picked up a Whammy II - works great.
        The Whammy II has a plastic casing and was supposed to have a different chip and didn't sound as good as the original, from what I've read. I know Tom Morello seems to like that one, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For my playtime, I like my 4. The fact that it's midi controllable should be a plus for people that want to control it with a g major or something too. I'm pretty sure Steve Vai uses a 4 as well. I could be wrong there though.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            I have an Ibanez WH-10.
            I've got one of those here too! Sounds pretty good but I never use it because of the plasticness (and the other 5 wahs). Old man picked it up for like 80-100aud a little bit ago, the market is now insane on them. The guitar/bass switch is a nice touch too

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
              I had one of those back then. Damn! I KNEW I shoulda kept it! Best tracking I've heard on a stomp pitch unit. How tight and accurate is the tracking on that RP, Spike? thought about one of those, recently, and ultimately passed.
              I don't really know.
              It probably stinks, if you do an A/B comparison.
              I've never used a "real one", so my only experience is with the RP-250.
              Sounds good to me, but how much can they really build in for that price?
              :think:
              Ignorance is bliss!
              LOL
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
              X