VHT Sold! Fryette Amplification is born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT Sold! Fryette Amplification is born

Steve Fryette apparently, somewhat unwillingly sold his brand to a well known Chinese importer that will likely debut a new line of VHT at the upcoming conventions. What started as a theoretical partnership with a lesser Chinese made line of VHT amps, like Rheinhardt Bogner created with Line 6 has become a hostile takeover of the VHT brand via legal maneuvers.
    Fryette amplification will retain rights to the current line of VHT, but can no longer produce products under the VHT name.

Fryette.. is that what they are called or is that what they are going to do.

Comment

Well all is good if say "Steve's Amps"...springs up, and it's business as usual?
      Just as long as there is still a way to get USA VHT amps from Steve!
      Thats it...im buying a backup 2/90/2 to save for a rainy day...

***** Heres the info on the VHT forum... (he smoothed it over a bit though, on the explanation..)

http://www.vhtusers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2425

Pretty quick Web work too!

http://www.vhtamp.com/
      Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-01-2009, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Damn, I was very proud of my VHT logo onstage... Now people
        seeing it in a year or three will think it's cheap chinese crap...

What the fuck happened? Hostile takeover??

Comment

Bummer, the 50CL is my primary amp. I'll follow Steve to his new company no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
            Damn, I was very proud of my VHT logo onstage... Now people
            seeing it in a year or three will think it's cheap chinese crap...

What the fuck happened? Hostile takeover??
            I have some friends inside at AXL and I heard about their acquisition several months back. It seems they legally acquired the trademark through dubious means (sounds like Fryette let it lapse). They tried to leverage that into a partnership with Fryette, but he decided to fight the trademark claim rather than partner up.

Since VHT really was a neglected brand compared to many of the contemporaries, I'd wager it won't make much difference to the newly born Fryette Amplification. They updated their website every other year (HI JACKSON!) and seem to get by on reputation more than marketing. I'd like to get a Fryette logo to attach to my VHT. Hopefully Steve recognizes that demand and sells some logos for his loyalists. Eff the Chinese juggernaut!

Comment

Fryette could call his new amps "NOT-VHT". LOL

Comment

Wow. At least he will still be making the same amplifiers and the quality will likely stay the same too. How long before you see people selling VHT amps on ebay stating things like, "Last of the good ones" just to get a few bucks more for it.... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                  Wow. At least he will still be making the same amplifiers and the quality will likely stay the same too. How long before you see people selling VHT amps on ebay stating things like, "Last of the good ones" just to get a few bucks more for it.... lol.
                  Thats so true! You'll be able to advertise a Chinese made VHT as "one of the good ones, not the newer junk Fryette ones"
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                  X