Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Windsor half-stack for around $575?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Windsor half-stack for around $575?

Did a little searching around & saw most folks felt these weren't that bad- Marshallesque (is that a word?)

Best Buy is selling the head for $100 less than most ($299) and the cab for $262.

With Best Buy getting into the guitar biz I wonder if this is the sort of pricing we'll see more often as they look to make a splash.

$300 for a real tube head... pretty crazy.

I like how bestbuy describes using the effects loop- "for input connecting a cd player to play along with your favorite tunes".

Vass

Sounds like one of those Chinese Ebay listings
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like how bestbuy describes using the effects loop- "for input connecting a cd player to play along with your favorite tunes".

Vass[/quote]

That there is some funny chit :ROTF:
      Not a bad deal for a tube half stack though... I have the little brother, the Windsor studio... It's not bad for the money. It will duplicate the old British rock pretty well... Does a great AC/DC tone
      Don

Comment

That's a pretty nice deal, EL34's kick major ass.

Comment

Most of the online retailers are selling the entire halfstack for $499.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Hmm right you are.

Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ? guaranteed low price, ? free shipping, ? 0% financing, ? 8% back in rewards.

They're still charging more than BB for the head & the cab separately though.

That's got to be the cheapest all tube 100w halfstack going, no? Or maybe I just don't look hard enough.

Vass
            Last edited by Vass; 01-02-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

It's the cheapest decent one i've seen $499.00 is a steal on that amp.

Comment

Eh, I tried one, and didn't like it at all. VERY buzzy. the Marshall sitting right next to it just made it look like a silly toy. LAST thing I would call it is "Marshallesque"
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

I would pass on that. Doesn't sound very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                    I read their description of an effects loop and about spit my drink on the screen.

Built-in effects loop features an effects send input for connecting a CD player or other audio device to play along to your favorite tunes and an effects return input for adding effects to the connected audio source
                    It's shit like this that will be the downfall of the entire musical instruments division at BB.
                    -Rick

Comment

Mixing surface mounted tube sockets and lightly solder traced thin circuit boards is going to turn out to be a really bad idea in the long run. Already is...

As long as the board is stiff enough, the traces thick enough, and the architecture is good, it can work great. But these cheap tube amps aren't all they seem to be.
                      Throwaway tube amps...sounds like a fire waiting to happen.

Back to the topic...

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        I read their description of an effects loop and about spit my drink on the screen.

It's shit like this that will be the downfall of the entire musical instruments division at BB.

LOL yeah.....we're going to long for the in-depth, nuanced, unbiased, & experienced input we used to get at GC (NO OFFENSE TO GC STAFF SOME OF YOU ROCK....and be fair- some of you....don't).

Cyg- I'm intrigued, as a tube rookie, by what you said.... care to expand? Sounds like some good perspective.

Vass

Comment

It really does'nt sound that bad

Comment

the windsor is cool, kinda bluesy it's meaner brother the Valveking kills (no i don't own one) it is high gain and sounds deadly. not bad for chinese, crank it for some all tube saturation.
                            Guitars:
                            Jackson DK2M Blue Bengal
                            Jackson PS-4
                            Charvel CX 390
                            Gibson Les Paul Studio
                            Gibson Les Paul Jr. Pro
                            Gibson Les Paul Special
                            '56 Gibson J160E
                            Galveston Acrylic Strat
                            couple of other oddities

Amps:
                            Vox AC100CPH
                            Ibanez TBX150H

Comment

Yeah, I'd sooner get a Valveking.

" It really does'nt sound that bad
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2oeMLKPwQ" - Are you serious? Sounds like bees in a can.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X