Egnater M4 Pre Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater M4 Pre Amp

I just received this pre-amp last week and am very impressed with it. It has slots for 4 modules and each module has 2 channels. Each module has 2 12AX7 tubes in it. I got the VX and SL2 modules.
    I have not been this excited about a piece of gear for a long time. And I still have 2 open slots to fill.

VX (VOX) Module:
    Channel A is the cleaner channel and has great chime and high end sparkle. Tom Petty would like it.
    Channel B has more gain and goes from slight breakup to rock leads. U2 and Beatles and rock tones. Has enough gain for rock leads.

SL2 Module:
    Channel A is Marshall JCM800. Thick and full, Angus to classic rock.
    Channel B is hot rodded 80's Marshall. High gain with great thick tone and harmonics. The best lead tone of any amp I've owned.

Pre Amp

SL2 Module

Congrats, the Egnater stuff is real nice! I have a Randall RM100 head which uses those removable modules. Its addicting, you'll be on the hunt for more Randall and Egnater modules now
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nice. I think the Egnater idea is really cool. I read an interview with Bruce Egnater in Premier Guitar, and he talked about when they where showing the module concept at Namm, and how everyone thought it was cool, but wheren't really interested, other than Randall, they asked how they could sign up
      I'd like to have one hope you'll post a review after playing with the modules for a few days
      Don

Comment

Working...
      X