Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Marshall Plexi clone with Rhoads mods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Marshall Plexi clone with Rhoads mods!

Hey guys,
    What I've got hear is a Plexi clone that my buddy made me. He has what we call Smitty Tone Amplification and is a tube amp genius. I found an old tube Bogen PA head and he told me he could basically make anything I wanted out of it. I was wanting an EL34 driven 50 watt Plexi. I asked him about putting the cascade mods that were in the new Randy Rhoads head and he said ,"no problem"! He builds his own boards and hand wires the entire amps. Besides purchasing a few cosmetic things like the tolex, logo, faceplates and such as well as the tubes, everything else came out of that Bogen PA head including the pots and tube sockets. This thing is a killer amp! The cascade mod is activated by a push/pull pot (that didn't come out of the Bogen) located in Pre-amp 1. Pushed in it's completely stock. When I pull it out then the cascade mod is activated and faces melt! HA HA! I just thought I'd share this with you all and pass along his good work. I would have loved to have a Smitty Tone logo on the front but he hasn't gotten that far as of yet. He also builds a smaller 6V6 version that kills as well as a Bogner XTC clone, Trainwreck clone, Dumble clone and others! Enjoy the pics! There's 3 pages that show the various stages in building and even a few of the Bogen PA head that it started out as.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

That thing looks great! I love the EL34 amps they kick ass, Enjoy it.

Comment

Killer work. Does he have a website?
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Very cool!
        Thank you for posting those pix.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          Very cool!
          Thank you for posting those pix.
          +1

Comment

Nice pics. I like the white chassis. Makes everything easy to see. Nice hand wiring!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Very cool! I have an old Bogen PA amp myself that I've been considering modding.

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                Killer work. Does he have a website?

As a matter of fact he does. Here they are. One of these is a sound clip page.

Glad you all like the pics!

Comment

Working...
                X