Carvin Legacy II (Vai) Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Legacy II (Vai) Amp

I forget who, but someone had mentioned this rumor recently. Seems the rumors were true...

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Read about that on the Carvin BBS... has 3 channels, clean, clean+boost, and drive? That's pretty unorthodox, I think most people waiting for this amp were hoping for 2 drive channels.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
      Read about that on the Carvin BBS... has 3 channels, clean, clean+boost, and drive? That's pretty unorthodox, I think most people waiting for this amp were hoping for 2 drive channels.
      Its almost as unorthodox as the footswitch layout for the V3. What were they thinking???

Comment

2 things I notice in the Carvin ad.
        #1. Why does Steve have to suck in his cheeks when he takes a pic. He looks like 1/2 a fagola.
        #2. Why does the Legacy need a boost (more hair) on the clean channel?
        What they should have added was a solo boost control like the newer Rectifiers and possibly smart loops like the V3.

Comment

I dont understand the design either . Also I think its 600 dollars more . Got a catalog and it was 1500 for the head and the Legacy was 900 for the head.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Its almost as unorthodox as the footswitch layout for the V3. What were they thinking???
            LOL Tell me about it! I'm used to going left to right 1, 2, 3. With the V3 footswitch, I have to remember to go from right to left. Ugggg!!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              LOL Tell me about it! I'm used to going left to right 1, 2, 3. With the V3 footswitch, I have to remember to go from right to left. Ugggg!!
              My bandmate turns his around backwards and still makes mistakes occasionally. I guess they figure we all have Bradshaw switching systems.

Comment

I do have a Rocktron Midi Mate, I guess I should start using it.

Comment

I haven't quite had the chance to play the V3 in a band situation since I got it, so I guess I'll be making my fair share of screw ups! Reminds me of a gig I had my first year at uni... I was using a GT6, and was about to punch in a lead patch for an epic solo... (It might have been Crazy Train) except my huge boot toe ended up nudging on a clean patch...

Comment

Heh. I'm used to a single-channel, single-ended head. So if I have to get used to a Carvin footswitch, I won't have as much to un-learn as the rest of you!

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post

I haven't quite had the chance to play the V3 in a band situation since I got it, so I guess I'll be making my fair share of screw ups! Reminds me of a gig I had my first year at uni... I was using a GT6, and was about to punch in a lead patch for an epic solo... (It might have been Crazy Train) except my huge boot toe ended up nudging on a clean patch...
                      Hehehe! I guess Carvin was too lazy to make a true V3 footswitch when they figure the generic FS44 will work fine.
                      With the SX series amps, the input is on the left side, and the channels go in order 1, 2, 3. The V3 has the input on the right and the channels going the same way. I don't understand why they didn't just stick with the left to right configuration. They also make the FS44L lighted footswitch for the X100B, but the LEDs will only light up with that amp.

Comment

Agreed, but I suspect the answer to all is "because steve wants it that way"

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        2 things I notice in the Carvin ad.
                        #1. Why does Steve have to suck in his cheeks when he takes a pic. He looks like 1/2 a fagola.
                        #2. Why does the Legacy need a boost (more hair) on the clean channel?
                        What they should have added was a solo boost control like the newer Rectifiers and possibly smart loops like the V3.
                        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Hehehe! I guess Carvin was too lazy to make a true V3 footswitch when they figure the generic FS44 will work fine.
                          With the SX series amps, the input is on the left side, and the channels go in order 1, 2, 3. The V3 has the input on the right and the channels going the same way. I don't understand why they didn't just stick with the left to right configuration. They also make the FS44L lighted footswitch for the X100B, but the LEDs will only light up with that amp.
                          I read that the V3 was designed to use MIDI for switching and the FS44 was kind of an after thought. Still, it would have been nice to have the switch to be more conventional though.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                            I read that the V3 was designed to use MIDI for switching and the FS44 was kind of an after thought. Still, it would have been nice to have the switch to be more conventional though.
                            Yeah, it would be nice if it were more conventional. The MIDI does make sense, and I actually was just messing around with the Midi Mate and programmed it so it does what I want now.

Comment

Hey, the boost is a great Idea I think, I have a boost on my little Crate V3112T alltube combo, and the boost works for either channel, when I use it on the clean channel along with my little MXR Wylde Overdrive I can get a really really sweet classic rock sound, it gives me just the right amount of midrange to really twang out on, and then using it for solos on my overdrive channel is great because I leave my Wylde Overdrive on all the time, I dont ever use it as a boost. I'd love to try this new Carvin out, I wanted the old legacy for a while but I havent had a reason to get a halfstack seeing as I just use my combo everywhere, I mic it for those really huge places where 30 watts isnt enough, which hasnt been often at all.
                              www.myspace.com/memnochband
                              www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Working...
                              X