Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp head on request,

hello everybody ,

i own a bass amplifier 75W and the amp "died" and all its left is a cabinet with a 12' speaker.
    Now i am looking for an amp head to combine , must be a full tube amp , must be metal and my money range is max 800 $.

any suggestions?

thanx!
    so what ?

uhhh, hmmm.....how about a soldano astroverb. you might be able to get one of those for around 800. i sold mine for 800. but you still need a pedal to do metal. you might be able to get an older (version 1) rivera knucklehead for around 800.

better yet, just check ebay. you never know what you may stumble across with this shitty economy.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

75w isn't a lot for bass. For guitar it's just fine, but for a bass amp you want at least 100W, maybe 120.

And you'll want more than a 12" speaker.

As for bass amps being "Metal", I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. Obviously you've got amps that have more cosmetic appeal for other types of music, but soundwise there's not a "Jazz-looking" or "Country-looking" or "Metal-looking" bass amp.

It also depends on what type of tone you're going for. You want the Dave Ellefson tone? Get a cab with at least 2 10s and a 1x15.

Unless of course you're talking about using the bass cabinet with a guitar head?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that's what i wasn't sure of....if he wants an al tube 75 watt bass head, i have never heard of one....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think he's looking for a guitar amp, as the "must be metal" comment implies.

For $800 you can get quite a lot of amp in the used department. What kind of tone are you after? The Genz Benz El Diablo can be had for under $800 used, you might find a Mesa Single Rectifier for that price, JCM900, 5150, lots to choose from.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X