I FINALLY got my old sound back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I FINALLY got my old sound back

I hadn't played in about five years ( ) and found I needed some way to vent my spastic pressure filled days. So, a few months ago I picked up my guitar again. It was amazing, I had forgotten nearly everything. Anyway, that is coming back up to speed...slowly . So, one of my biggest issues was that I could not get the same sound as when I played years ago. Just a short while ago I dialed it in and it felt like thunder through my headphones. (I live in a townhouse...gotta show some respect). Anyway, the components are a Peavey Backstage Plus, Boss Digital Metalizer, and a cheap ass Aria ADL-1. I once again have the sound that used to shake the rafters in the small concerts I did. It is a glorious day...
    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Great to hear! Thats it afterall.. it's what "moves" you..
    If your feeling it.. kick some ass!
    I had to add that like Trem..i had a time of 8 years away from playing..
    stupid Wristwatch obsession! Anyway..about a year and a half ago
    i started full steam into it...those watches dont interact with you!
    Guitars do! 8 years of my life i'll never get back... time to rock!
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-10-2009, 06:08 AM.

Comment

awesome man, i know, when i picked up the guitar again it was like f#@K!
      Why did i ever stop this, been a year now, and i'm almost back to speed again, but it's all different, my phrasing and stuff is different i think.
      Plus i forgot most of the theory and stuff for the most part so it's comming more from feeling. Kind of like starting over or i guess after 10 years your a different person, and so it's going to be different, anyway... ROCK oN!

Comment

most excellent. rock balls!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Good to hear.
          Sometimes a little time off is great for the creative/musical juices.

Sounds like you are diggin' it, so it must be good!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback. Being on an extended hiatus tends to make one forget nearly everything. However, when 're-learning' I have brought in items that I could rarely do before because they were bad habits at the time. Also, having matured, as stated, allows me to look at the learning process in a whole different way. Instead of focusing on bands I want to play, I am also trying out my own stuff. I bought a book called the 'Exercise Book' from the guy who wrote the 'Guitar Grimoire' series. Is this a good book for a not-beginner, beginner?
            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Refurbished

After 20 years, I finally got my guitar professionally refurbished. It took weeks, but it is now in the exact condition as when I bought it in '88. He cleaned out the pots, even the crevaces in the tremelo, intonation, etc. Best $50 I've spent in a long time.

Comment

I have to use headphones when I'm on the road 5 days a week. I get a great tone with my POD, but I kind of hate using the headphones when playing.

Wish there was a cheap and easy way to get that same tone without wearing the headphones. I tried with a $70 pair of BOSE speakers, but they sucked and I took them back.

Some guys suggested I get speakers with a subwoofer, so I'll try that next.

I got a really inspirational tone going into a GC earlier this week and going balls to the wall with a Silver Jubilee full "mini" stack. Sounded glorious.

Having a great tone really inspires.

Comment

Congrats on getting your sound back. I wish I could tell the same story. My old signature sound was constructed with a Boss GX-700. I had 3 actually. My primary sound, a backing sound and a clean one. It took several months to get my sounds and having sold off everything when I lost my previous long term job (redundancy), I never kept my original settings. On top of that, the multi-track I bought 3 years later to replace my old one has dodgy inputs/outputs, my replacement GX-700 is also faulty, and I made the mistake of constructing sounds on my GT-10 via headphones directly instead of the multi-track. Likewise, my GT-8 patches were monitored thru my multitrack, but via my PC speakers.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                  X