Digitech pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech pedals

I just baught a new digitech rp250 multi effects pedal and its pretty nice for the money. Anyone else have this same pedal that can give me some pointers?

I've been a long time Not-fan of DOD and Digitech.
    Have they finally solved their noise and QC issues?

Comment

i have one, that i like really well...i have a new amp so i dont hardly use it any more...the best thing to do is to just sit down and play with it some

Comment

I have a GNX-1 and I love it. You really have to just mess with the settings until you get the sound you like (remember to SAVE the settings!!!!). I have settings set up for each style that I play, Jazz, Blues, Metal and Classic Rock. It works for me, but I know some people who hate them.

Cygnus X1's comment: "I've been a long time Not-fan of DOD and Digitech.
        Have they finally solved their noise and QC issues?" is a valid one. I know people who had RP10's and the like that were noisy and unreliable, but the newer ones are much better IMHO. Enjoy!
        Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

I have an rp250. the reverbs are fantastic. I put it in the loop of my 5150ii for just that. everything on it sounds pretty good except the phaser.

Comment

I played the clasic metallica song fade to black last night and the pedal does awsome!! I cannot believe that little pedal has exactally all the effects I need. Any ideas on what other types of pedals would go well with this one for different quick change options?

Comment

I've been putting in a good word for my RP-250 every chance I get here for the past year or so... GREAT pedal for the money!!!
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

I've got a few of their pedals (no multi-effects though) and have nothing but praise for them. They've been very solid, not noisy at all, and sound pretty good too.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

There ok, but we all know boss pedal rule.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

eh
                    saying any pedal rules is kinda silly
                    hehe
                    unless it's a http://cgi.ebay.com/Xotic-Effects-BB...3A1%7C294%3A50
                    LOL
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I have the RP 7 valve. I don't use a ton of effects but It is all i need. You got your Delays your reverbs, and any type of pitch shifting or modulation you want along with a whammy/Wah/Volume pedal. Probably not the best effects in the world but sound as good as any stomp box effects. I like the real tube preamp. I can get a nice tube sound through my little practice amp or headphones.
                      i also owned an older RP, 20 maybe. As far as noise?This one I have is not really noisy. I have a few DOD boxes but noise is relative I guess. There inexpensive effects made for playing live.They are not generally studio quality and really what do you expect for what they cost?

Comment

Amen
                        --floydkramer

Comment

I have an RP150 and love it. Buddy has an RP250 and loves it as well. For $100 to $150, they do more than a full rack of effects did "back in the day" for thousands of dollars.

Are there better guitar processors out there? Absolutely. Would I spend money on any of them since I am a hobbyist? Absolutely not.

If you want some settings info for a good 80s/metal crunch and scream, let me know. Not sure what guitar/amp combo you are running, but with Charvel Model 3s and Randall combo amps, we have just the amp/cabinet, equalizer, and delay turned on...no need for distortion, etc.

Shoot me a PM is you want my settings.

Enjoy the pedal!

Comment

I guess I should mention that I also have Noise Gate turned on. Without it, there is some noise, but with it, even with my amp at "it will hurt" levels, there is NO noise. None. Zip. Nada.

Comment

Well my amp is quiet(ish) but with the GNX-1 I get very little noise. As for fast switching between presets, I'm not familiar with the 150 or 250 models, but the GNX-1 enable#s me to switch quite quickly between up to 3 saved presets, which is more than enough for me, as I either have a version of heavy distortion and clean. I can add crunch and delay, chorus with either preset indivdually. I'll shut up now, as I realise I'm preaching to the converted!
                              Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Working...
                              X