NGD - 4x12 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - 4x12 cab

I love my Peavey JSX 212, but the open back design left the chunky low end out. I'd been thinking about building a 4x12, but also found a couple of Marshall 1960A's locally for $300 on Craig's list, which is less than the cost of the four Celestions.

Last Sunday, a friend of mine and I went to Guitar Center so I could help him pick a starter pack for his 8 year old. While he was checking out, I asked to play the JSX head through a 1960A. They also had a Peavey JSX 4x12 cabinet, as well. What the hell, I decided to A/B them in the sound room. At least through the JSX head, I thought the JSX cab sounded leagues better than the 1960A. I looked at the price tag on the JSX and the only price was the list price, $975. I asked the salesman what the selling price was for this BRAND NEW JSX. The price for the new 1960A was $675, admittedly a good deal.

He came back and said, "Its a clearance item, $397.74." Done deal.

The only down side is that now I don't have an excuse to build a cabinet.

Cabinet:

3/4 stack finding a home:

Finished jam station!:
    Last edited by DocNrock; 01-15-2009, 08:20 PM.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Hella deal, you freakin' stole it - Congrats!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool!

I just got an old 5150 cab loaded with Sheffields for $180.
      It does sound great.

Is your cab wood (pine), or MDF?

Comment

Working...
      X