X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall factory tour vid

A tour of the current factory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1V9j...eature=channel

I'd have preferred a bit more about the museum, but hey ho, can't have it all.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

That was neat. I like watching factory tours. Here in PA we have the Pennsylvania Cable Network. They do factory tours and show the state legislature and stuff like that.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      That was neat. I like watching factory tours. Here in PA we have the Pennsylvania Cable Network. They do factory tours and show the state legislature and stuff like that.
      They did one on the Martin Guitar factory that was great.

Comment

Is it just me or is Marshall just not the great amp company it once was.

The only real nice stuff I have seen come out of there has been the limited stuff.

I remember when you could buy a JCM900 off the shelf and they were great units. There new off the rack stuff seams to be prone to lots of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
          They did one on the Martin Guitar factory that was great.
          Have you ever taken the Herr's tour? It's fantastic, plus you get fresh potato chips which, like fresh Twizzlers, completely ruin your taste for the packaged product.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
            Is it just me or is Marshall just not the great amp company it once was.

The only real nice stuff I have seen come out of there has been the limited stuff.

I remember when you could buy a JCM900 off the shelf and they were great units. There new off the rack stuff seams to be prone to lots of problems.
            ?

The Orange DSL100 I bought in 1998 is still going strong. I don't know if you call that newer or older.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              ?

The Orange DSL100 I bought in 1998 is still going strong. I don't know if you call that newer or older.
              Thats what I mean. I am talking about their slide down hill over the last 10 years. The stuff I played or had in the 90's was real nice.

There limited stuff is still really nice like the RR stack and head.

It just seams like the solder joints break and they use cheap components inside the amps now.

Comment

Working...
              X