DigiTech GSP 21 Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiTech GSP 21 Legend

Does anybody have experience with this unit? I can get it fairly cheap with foot controller in good shape. I am wondering what drives it has, is the overdriven sound real as it can be and how it compares to for ex BOSS GT-8 in terms of overdrive/distortion sounds as that is most important thing to me, other effects will be usable for my application for sure on either of them. I like sound for ex like Maiden Sabbath Van Halen Malmsteen Whitesnake Rainbow Saxon etc. hard rock heavy metal 70's 80's. So what is your verdict?

The GT-8 makes the GSP21 sound like a Sholtz Rockman!!
    Actually the GT-3 smokes the GSP21. You are talking old school with old technology and low sampling rates. In its day... the GSP 21 sounded pretty good. In todays standards it sounds like digital canned ass.
    Bottom line bro... GT-8 to GSP21 = HUGE STEP DOWN IN EVERY RESPECT.

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
      Does anybody have experience with this unit? I can get it fairly cheap with foot controller in good shape. I am wondering what drives it has, is the overdriven sound real as it can be and how it compares to for ex BOSS GT-8 in terms of overdrive/distortion sounds as that is most important thing to me, other effects will be usable for my application for sure on either of them. I like sound for ex like Maiden Sabbath Van Halen Malmsteen Whitesnake Rainbow Saxon etc. hard rock heavy metal 70's 80's. So what is your verdict?
      ******** Also considering the GT-8 can be had used clean for around
      $250.00 (less than most guys want for the GSP21 used) I would opt for
      the GT-8 Boss unit. If your anywhere near $400 then go for the GT-10~!

Comment

I have a GSP 21... I haven't used it in quite a few years now, but back in it's day it was pretty nice. If your looking for the ol 80's metal tones, it will work great. But as has been stated there are the GT's that will be much better... But it depends on what you want... I still use a Mp1 for my main pre amp, I have no need for anything newer
        Don

Comment

So my best bet would be to grab GT-8. Thing is that I should play live and here are small clubs so definitly no need for some great tube heads and 4x12 cabs. Also its pain to carry them and 4x12 cannot fit in a car so some van must be there and that is expensive etc. so I am looking for compromise to have as good tone as I can and still be easy to use in any situation and portable

Comment

Check out the new Roland (same as Boss sister company) the ME -70
            It's a 32 bit master pedal board, that is just like having 8 pedals
            in one unit, so it's going to have a short learning curve..simple to use,
            yet great world class tones.

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
              I have a Digitech TwinTube GFX1... it's from about the same era as the GSP 21. I wouldn't sell my GFX1 for anything. It's versatile, the tubes give any voice you create character, and the footswitch is great.

I have the GT6 - not the GT8 - (as part of my Boss BR1600CD). But... I have to say, I'm disappointed in the GT6 capability - the best part about it is the acoustic simulation. Where any other voices are concerned, I generate them with either my GFX1 or I do it directly through my Line6 amp.

-Roger

Comment

Working...
              X