Vox Amplug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Amplug question

I know a few of you own an Amplug and I have a question...

Which one do I want if I want a good crunch? The AC30 or Metal? I know the Metal will have more of an edge, but I do like the fact the AC30 has a "clean channel", but will the high-gain of the AC30 satisfy my crunch hunger?

Thanks!

I have the Classic Rock one and love it. Just sold my J-Station after almost 10 years, cause I like the sounds of the Amplug, better, for demo work and general home tinkering.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Mark, I've had the AmPlug Metal for a few months now. I was rather wary at first, but once I kicked up the gain and saturation, I almost laughed. The little sucker can really wind it up. However, if you want something with a clean channel, you will have to go with one of the others. This a great if you just want to jam w/o hooking up to you rig. It's pretty good for the price. Enjoy.
      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Hey Wet-

Thanks for the info...so even if you were to turn the gain way down on the metal one, you cannot get a clean channel?

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Hi Mark - yes, even if you turned the gain all the way down, there would still be a small crunch.Whatever shop you to, see if they have any available for testing as it is nearly impossible to know what it's going to sound like. Good thing is most stores offer 30 day money back. Happy hunting.
          Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Scored a Metal off of ebay. 99.99% of the time, I will want the crunch...

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X