NGDx2 - Boogie Mk II and KFK Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGDx2 - Boogie Mk II and KFK Marshall

Talk about an amp day - so I had recently dropped two amps I wasn't using to make room for a Boogie Mk II that Guitar Center in East Brunswick, NJ had. Long story short, I moved the amps and called GC - they no longer had the amp... I figured what the heck - I don't really need an amp right now, the POD's fine for the time being - let me wait and figure out what I really wanted.

So, I was walking around 48th St in the NYC and I went to the Sam Ash - saw the little Kerry King Marshall practice amp, checked it out and bought it. Fast forward like 4 hours and I stop at the GC in East Brunswick - and there's the friggin' Boogie. Bing bang boom, I check it out, buy it - $500 between the Marshall and the Boogie.

Both of these amps have a really rockin' sound.

The Marshall sounds way bigger and is louder than its size. Sitting on the hardwood floor, it has some impressive thump. Obviously, not enough to hang with the big boys, but certainly a great sounding practice amp.

The Boogie, obviously is loud as hell and has some great middy sound. Haven't quite figured out all the pulls and pushes of the thing yet - but I am completely stoked by this amp.

So here's a question - is there a psycho Boogie site out there like this psycho Jackson/Charvel site?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    I stop at the GC in East Brunswick
    My condolences. I don't live far from there, but I try to avoid that place as much as possible. Do they still have mostly morons working there?

Cool amp scores, though!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Do they still have mostly morons working there?
      Obviously - the first time I demo'd the Boogie, they threw me out of the "quiet room" for playing too loud.
      Blank yo!

Comment

Cant you run that boogie thru a 4/12 cab? Then its flamethrower time!

Comment

That reminds me of my first Boogie!
          Congrats... those things are awesome.
          GREAT price!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            Cant you run that boogie thru a 4/12 cab? Then its flamethrower time!
            Its got a bunch of outs - so you can hook up whatever you want. Boogies are pretty modular, you can slide out the chassis and stick it in a rack or a head cabinet pretty easily I think.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Hey here's a clip of the Boogie - playing my black San Dimas style 1. Based on the serial number, this might be Mark IIA, but modded to IIB specs - but what do I know.

Also, ignore the slop.

Ignore the really sloppy playing - I was just out to demo the amp and just played off the top of my head. Its a Mesa/Boogie Mark II A or B - not quite sure ...
              Blank yo!

Comment

Dude, that Charvel SMOKES!
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  So here's a question - is there a psycho Boogie site out there like this psycho Jackson/Charvel site?
                  Congrats on the new amps. Do you which version of the Mk II you have?

By the way, if you want a "psycho Boogie site", I believe this is the one that you want: The Boogie Forum
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                  X