Bought a BBE Sonic Stomp today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a BBE Sonic Stomp today.

In the limited time I've had to play with it so far it seems really cool. It seems to let the individual notes ring through a little better with the distortion. I haven't tried it much clean yet but it seems to add a lot of bottom without flub as well.

It's definitely going to take some time to figure out the interaction of the process and low contour controls. Seems like a good buy anyways. I'm not using it in ideal circumstances really just running an SD-1 into it and then into a toneport. I figure it will be nice to have when I eventually get an amp with a loop in it.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

I like it also.
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

Comment

I like it too. For the longest time, I've had this love/hate relationship with it. What I've seen it do so far...thicken the overall sound (using the contour), helps me play with lesser volume since all notes are heard clearly and adds a little more high-end to the sound by using the process knob.
      Sam

Comment

in the loop is where this pedal really shines. it is a MUST HAVE for any rig.
        Guitars:
        Jackson DK2M Blue Bengal
        Jackson PS-4
        Charvel CX 390
        Gibson Les Paul Studio
        Gibson Les Paul Jr. Pro
        Gibson Les Paul Special
        '56 Gibson J160E
        Galveston Acrylic Strat
        couple of other oddities

Amps:
        Vox AC100CPH
        Ibanez TBX150H

Comment

wow. sounds great.
          I checked out the sound/demo here, which seems like a nice resource:
          http://www.tunnelvisionmusic.com/
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

It seems to add "sparkle"...and definition.. Like a clear 10 db boost for me.. Good stuff for $80.00!

You guys are gonna say "bob is nuts"...but i tried the BBE in my G major loop..(ok, but thinner)
            and then tried it in the GT-10 loop...better, but still not great audio quality)...and then
            (now this is contrary to what the BBE manual says about "Put the BBE last in the Chain)
            But i plugged my Guitar into the BBE input..and then "Output" the BBE into the G major
            balanced inputs..left the "Outputs of the Major into the Effects "Send and Return of the GT Boss,
            and it's Sonic heaven! Brings out the best of the TC. Electronic.. and the GT.. I know im crazy..
            but if the audio quality goes up 200% then thats the way i leave it! (not louder... Way better!
            I'll post a vid, of the "Dream Theatre" insane clean i have this way!
            Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-25-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I bought one at a local guitar show saturday for 50 bucks. It was a floor model at some store. I have it last in my chain in front of a Epi valve jr. It's sometimes cool. At times it sounds sterile. I like it for thrash metal riffs. I'm sure it will sound better in the loop of my V3 but it needs tubes at the moment.

Comment

I'm still a little confused as to what the BBE does. Can anyone explain it from a technical standpoint?
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  I'm still a little confused as to what the BBE does. Can anyone explain it from a technical standpoint?
                  You can read all about it here <link>
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    You can read all about it here <link>
                    Awesome! That really explains it. Thanks EB.
                    Scott

Comment

It sounded great in my Carvin and my Fenders, but like ass in my Marshalls.
                      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                        It sounded great in my Carvin and my Fenders, but like ass in my Marshalls.
                        Yeah, if your original tone has lots of mids to begin with, the BBE just ruins it. Try reducing the mids a little and see if it will help. A darker tone like the Peavey 5150's will really shine through with a BBE.
                        Sam

Comment

yup i love mine in the loop of my BV120 and i'm building a rack now so i'm ready to try a rackmount version. had the 362nr awhile ago, but theres alot of newer stuff now. try adding a ge-7 right before the sonic stomp.

Comment

How does it compare to the 422?? Opinions?
                            I love admins!

Comment

The Sonic Stomp uses the same circuit as the 482i. From what I have heard the 422 is the best for guitar as it was made specifically for the frequency ranges of the instrument. The newer ones are kind of intended as a catch-all for all input signals.

Of course this is second or more hand knowledge so I'll wait for someone who has actually used both to chime in.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X