BBE 422 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE 422 help

I have been lurking the threads here for a while and have been intrigued by the ADA MP-1 and BBE422 combo. I just picked each up off of the bay and wanted to get feedback on how to hook all of this up.

Is the BBE the last in the chain right before the speakers? I have a Marshall TSL60 (Don't Laugh - I actually like the sound, but at lower volumes the notes don't sustain as nicely) and I also have an old ADA B200s solid state amplifier.

Is this configuration correct:

ADA MP-1 > Marshall/ADA B200s > BBE 422 > Speakers
    or
    ADA MP-1 > BBE 422 > Marshall/ADA B200s > Speakers

I also have an old Alesis quadraverb that I may throw into the ADA MP-1 effects loop - but the 20 year old quadraverb has a tendancy of turning on and off every now and then.
    Any help would be appreciated

Never put anything except an attenuator/power brake between your amp and speakers.

BBE goes in the loop. Where in the loop is up to you.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

NO!

Do not plug a power amp into the 422 or you'll blow it! (and maybe the Marshall alone with it!)

It (normally) goes after everything but before the power amp, like in the effects loop of a head or combo. If you a stand alone rack power amp, it would be before that.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I guess I will try the BBE into the ADA MP-1 effects loop and then try the BBE after the MP-1 and just let my ears decide. Once again, thanks for the help and its a good thing nothing has arrived yet.

Comment

Working...
        X