Digitech RP50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech RP50

I've been playing around with this thing the past few days for the first time since I've had it. I mean seriously checking out its features and its capabilities.

Holy Crap this thing is way more powerful than I first realized. I've had it for well over 2 years now I think and I had no idea what it really was capable of doing. I am very impressed with it. But now, one question.

What the hell do I really do with it aside from tinker with the different sounds it can generate?

Any ideas?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I've just concentrated on coming up with 10 really good sounds.
    And then using them for my basement noodle sessions when friends come over, or just jamming along to:
    http://www.chordbook.com/cs/guitar/g...am-session.php

Actually, I gave that pedal to a friend, and now have the RP-250, so I can play with the wah and work out my Kirk H. feelings every so often.

hehe

I find the PC interface/X-edit much more fun for setting up the presets and experimentation.

If more people realized how cool these are, there would be more people with them.

There's a genius statement for you, huh?

LOL
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

I have the RP100A and really dig it.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I just traded in my rp90 for an rp 250 and the noise surpresser is way better plus it has tons more effects i love it

Comment

I have the GNX-1, and I spent like a MONTH getting around 6 settings sounding as good as I can. I have a generic "Blues" setting, a "Jazz" setting, plus as I tend to play covers, a Megadeth, Def Leppard, Thunder, and Iron Maiden settings. These can be twaeked easily and havbe chorus and delay added at the press of a foot switch. It's invauable for me for recording direct to my soundcard with no amp to save space and dragging my amp out (i live in a small flat!), plus my amp only has one channel, so it adds a footswitch option for me.
          Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

I have an old RP50 and always really liked it. I used to like to play along with the drum tracks. Pretty powerful little box for the price. I got an RP100, too, but that crapped out at one point and quit working.

Comment

the footswitches on these tend to loose there ability to pop back up.

easy fix.

open it up, and put the little binder clip back on, and it's good for another year.

they used actual binder clips, without the little handles.

cleaver tech, on the cheap... I love companies like that, and work for one.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Spike, that's good info dude. Thanks. I think one of the switches on mine has that problem. Top information, and I agree. A company that uses simple, easy to fix yourself parts.

Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

RP 100 here. 10+ years old. It's a champ although I only use about 2% of it's capabilities.
                  1. Dirty
                  2. Clean

The chorus, delay, phaser & flanger fx are solid. The amp modeling is OK.
                  8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Can you turn off the amp and cab sims on the RP50? I thought about picking one up, to plunk down in front of my amp, for some different effects in one, small format.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

lol I actually use my RP50 on my bass for some very good tone specific settings.

ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/Manu...0%20Manual.pdf

that'll load up their owners manual for you.

I think for every preset you can have up to 10 combination of "settings"

I never read the manual except how to program each effect into one preset. It is a cheap playtoy, but works for what I need. I like drum preset #8 to jam along with when noone is around.

I will say it is rugged, cause I have kicked it, dropped it, yanked the cords out of it in the years I have had it, and it still works perfectly since day 1.
                      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Yeah, I already looked through the manual. Best as I could tell, it didn't say anything about turning on and off the amp models, like it does in the other product manuals. That's why I asked, here.
                        Pittsburgh? Where you at in The Burgh? I'm in the South Hills.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                          Yeah, I already looked through the manual. Best as I could tell, it didn't say anything about turning on and off the amp models, like it does in the other product manuals. That's why I asked, here.
                          Pittsburgh? Where you at in The Burgh? I'm in the South Hills.
                          I figured you read it, but you never know you may have skimmed over the juicy parts..i'LL have to check on mine, and call ya since your in the area, I'm in Carrick. If you know the area I'm off of Brownsville near the Foodland.

Comment

Yup, I'm familiar with it. I'm over in Brookline.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                              Yup, I'm familiar with it. I'm over in Brookline.
                              do I detect a possible future "party-jam" since your like 10 minutes from my place?

break out the IRON CITY BEER and the IRON CITY BONG's, cause WHEN the Steelers Win the SuperBowl..this city is gonna go n.u.t.z!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X