X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a noob pick an amp

hello ,
    im on the market buying an amp and i found 2 options i like :

1. randall RM 50 B combo 50 W +3 modul (black face , top boost and plexi ) for the price of 950euros .
    i am not sure how modules work and i need to know.

2.Mesa Boogie single rectifier 50W with 4x12 cabinet celeston vintage at the price 790 euros. this sounds great , maybe too good, cause the price for this amplifier new is much much more. whats going on?

thanx for any help
    :think:
    so what ?

The price for the single rec with a 4x12 does sound a little low, although if you convert it to USD first, then the price is fine. How much does a single rec sell for new in Europe? It's about $1300 here.

I don't have any experience with the Randall, but I know a lot of members here do. I'll wait for them to chime in. You could also do a forum search while you're waiting for responses. I know there's a bunch of threads about them.
    Scott

Comment

I would go with the Mesa personally, but haven't played many Randalls. I loved my Single Rec, but ended up trading it for a Mark IV. I still love the rectifier series though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        How much does a single rec sell for new in Europe? It's about $1300 here.
        in europe it costs 1899 euros.

i don't know much about tube amps , what do i have to notice on the amp to see if its worth the money?
        so what ?

Comment

Although you are getting 3 modules, the RM50 only takes 2 at a time. The RM100 will take 3 modules. The blackface is a great clean channnel module, while the other 2 will bring you into Moderate distortion. You won't really get into Boogie territory without getting a recto module, but the good thing is, you can get the Recto module and get that tone without buying another amp.

Originally posted by andrianosd View Post
          hello ,
          im on the market buying an amp and i found 2 options i like :

1. randall RM 50 B combo 50 W +3 modul (black face , top boost and plexi ) for the price of 950euros .
          i am not sure how modules work and i need to know.

2.Mesa Boogie single rectifier 50W with 4x12 cabinet celeston vintage at the price 790 euros. this sounds great , maybe too good, cause the price for this amplifier new is much much more. whats going on?

thanx for any help
          :think:

Comment

I'd go with a half stack over a combo but do you actually need one? Will you be playing mid size to larger club gigs? Do you have the means to cart a half stack around?
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
            X