My Current Amp Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Current Amp Lineup

For the first time in a long time almost all of my amps are in the same place, so I thought I'd take a pic:

From R to L: Marshall 1959RR Stack, '68 Fender Deluxe Reverb, '86 Marshall 3203 Head, '97 Matchless Chieftain, Marshall 4x12, Early 60's Epiphone Pacemaker Tremolo, Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+, Live Rig (ADA MP1, Intellifex, Replifex, BBE 482i, Hush IICX, Mesa 2:90) on custom 4x12, '85 Crate G20. Missing are a Crate GFX15 and a Fender G-Dec 15 (in the room where I give my son lessons).

Very nice Rupe! Of course you know that 1959RR stack looks the best of the bunch, right?
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Killer! Looks they really peel the paint from the walls too!
      "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
      Zakk Wylde

Comment

You have all the bases covered there...must be insane cleans with that
        vintage Fender?

Comment

Rupe, (I'm sure you know this by now), that '68 silverface DR is most likely built 100% blackface internally. Mine is, and it's a mid-'67.

Very cool!

I like the looks of the drip edge on those '67-69's best of all of them!

Comment

You suck

I miss my Studio .22+

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              You have all the bases covered there...must be insane cleans with that
              vintage Fender?
              I'll take the liberty of answering for Rupe.
              Think of that tone on "Boys of Summer".
              Smooth, sweet, naturally reverb soaked sustain.

Comment

Yeah, the cleans on the Fender are great, but the Matchless is better for sweet, chiming, bell-like clean tones...and for a vicious Vox meets Plexi grind. One of the most inspiring amps that I've ever laid into.

Cyg...the '68 WAS virtually identical to a blackface but I've done a few minor mods to it. First is a pot with an "off" setting that takes the trem circuit out of the signal path for a slight bump in gain. Second is a 10K ohm linear taper pot added to the extension speaker jack that allows you to dial out the negative feedback loop for a bit more presence (known as a "soul control"). Lastly, channel one has a tweed mod for more of a 50's Deluxe tone. Of course, the stock tone is still there on channel two with the trem circuit engaged and the soul control rolled back. Your description is spot on...it's a great amp. It's also a screamer when cranked.

The Epiphone has been my secret weapon for years now. It's one of the nastiest, rudest, most ripping little tube amps that I've ever played. Mic'd up it sounds huge.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  You suck

I miss my Studio .22+
                  I can't say enough about it's dirty tones...simply awesome. Passable cleans but I have other amps for that.

You should get another one!

Comment

Cool, Rupe.
                    I put a NFB switch on mine where the ground switch used to be.
                    I am working on a Matchless Spitfire clone. It's in the tweaking stage right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X