Need your thoughts on a chromatic tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your thoughts on a chromatic tuner

I have been racking my brain for a good chromatic tuner and the 3 that I have looked at so far are a Planet Waves PW-CT-04, BOSS TU-2, and a KORG Pitch Black. I am sure there are other tuners out there so some experienced imput in this would be a great help to me, thanks....BlitZ
    Last edited by blitz; 02-10-2009, 08:44 PM.

TU-2. It has been the industry standard for over 20 years.

Comment

well what would be a close second? I like the way it does but the planet waves is a little more compact also. Im going to put all of thes pedals on a bcb-60 board if i can find one at a decent used price.

Comment

Originally posted by blitz View Post
        well what would be a close second? I like the way it does but the planet waves is a little more compact also. Im going to put all of thes pedals on a bcb-60 board if i can find one at a decent used price.

The BCB-60 is a Boss board. What better pedal to put in it than a Boss TU-2. Its made for that pedal.

Comment

yea im sold on the tu-2 now just finding one for a decent price, would love to find a used one thats a few months old for half the price of a new one, and would also like it to be in good cosmetic cond as i am very picky about those types of things. I know it will be hard to find a used pedal in good cosmetic cond like I am wanting tho
          Last edited by blitz; 02-10-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blitz View Post
            yea im sold on the tu-2 now just finding one for a decent price, would love to find a used one thats a few months old for half the price of a new one, and would also like it to be in good cosmetic cond as i am very picky about those types of things. I know it will be hard to find a used pedal in good cosmetic cond like I am wanting tho

Think of it this way.. its a stomp box. Its supposed to be stepped on. I don't get the whole cosmetic thing.
            If you want a cheap version of the TU-2 you could look at the Behringer version. Personally... I think you should just cruise Ebay until an affordable TU-2 comes up. You should be able to score one in mint condition for around $50.00 tops.

Comment

Dunno man, the pitch black is pretty snazzy. I got one for my girlfriend for xmas and I'm pretty jealous (I have the DT-10). True bypass and a strobe mode to boot!

Comment

Do you have an IPhone?

If so the $10 chromatic works great and includes a handy dandy scale and chord chart-a-roonie as well as a metronome. the tuner part is accurate enough to do intonation work.
                http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Pichblack. Had a TU-2 - Pitchblack is much better and does not change the sound whatsoever. Well worth the money. Pick mine up brand new of evilbay for $79
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                    Pichblack. Had a TU-2 - Pitchblack is much better and does not change the sound whatsoever. Well worth the money. Pick mine up brand new of evilbay for $79
                    +1

trade my TU-2 in the same day I tried the Pitchblack, well worth the money!

Comment

The Korg has better accuracy. I have the predecessor to it, and it's great. I still have a TU-12 that I use when I re-stringing and stuff like that. I do like the needle...

Comment

The only tuners I'll buy now are Peterson Strobe tuners (e.g. the StroboFlip or StroboStomp). Their Sweet Tuning setting is the next best thing to have a compensated nut (like the Feiten system or Earvana).

Comment

Before getting my Peterson VS, I used Korg - excellent tuners. If you got the cash, you can get a Peterson Strobostomp which is true bypass, like the Korg.

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                            Pichblack. Had a TU-2 - Pitchblack is much better and does not change the sound whatsoever.
                            If you run a cable from your amp's line out or effects send jack into the input of the TU-2, there will be no tone change whatsoever. That's the best way to run a tuner.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              If you run a cable from your amp's line out or effects send jack into the input of the TU-2, there will be no tone change whatsoever. That's the best way to run a tuner.

That's how I run the Korg in my rack. I just send the extra output from the CAE3+se to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X