Need your thoughts on a chromatic tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
    The only tuners I'll buy now are Peterson Strobe tuners (e.g. the StroboFlip or StroboStomp). Their Sweet Tuning setting is the next best thing to have a compensated nut (like the Feiten system or Earvana).
    The Strobo-Stomp is hands down the best, most accurate tunr that I have ever used...and I used to manage a music store so I've tried just about everything. It's built like a tank as well.

Comment

love all of the feed back still un decided on actually buying a tuner, but i have decided on a pedal board and its cheap and its exactally what i want cant beat the price for 89 shipped
      Last edited by blitz; 02-12-2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Turbo tuner http://www.turbo-tuner.com/ very accurate and tracks a lot faster then the peterson - plus it's also a lot cheaper.

Comment

The Boss TU-2 works great, you get your moneys worth the first gig you use it on. Mine has survived a full on fire at our practice space where everything got totally soaked and ruined. We lost a lot of gear, almost everything and it was a bummer to lose almost 18 years worth of gig posters, photos, press clippings, etc. I also have a TU-12H that I got in early '87 that I use almost everyday. It works great and has been dropped so many times by my our bass player who I've known since 5th grade. He finally got his own TU-2, I'm gonna turn him on to the line out tip. When I started you had to just tune your guitar by ear unless you had a piano around, or a tuning fork, a pitchpipe or something. There was the Peterson strobe tuner but they were so expensive only rockstar guys had them. The first inexpensive tuner I remember was made by Korg back in the '70s, it was really pretty useless. Things have come a long way since then.

Comment

well 129.99 isint in my budget its a little on the pricy side for me personally.

Comment

Just bought the TU-2 off of CL. (They're always a few for sale.) It's great. Just sold my hand-held Quik Tune and wanna unload my Korg.
              8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Regardless of what you will hear let me tell you the real deal about live stomp box styled tuners. They really don't need to be that accurate and believe me... the TU-2 is EXTREMELY accurate for live use. Would I use it as a bench top tuner to set intonation of super expensive fixed bridge guitars for a living.. nope. Thats not what it was designed for.
                The TU-2 is designed for the gigging musician who needs a quality, extremely accurate, bullet proof tuner that will work day in and day out and not drain your wallet. When you get famous you won't need one anyway. Thats what multiple guitars, guitartechs and roadies are for.

Comment

I first want to say thanks to everyone who responded. I bought the Korg Pitch Black and will try it out i think it will be what i want, and its also simple to use. Im just starting out so i dont need anything thats over the top and again thanks to everyone....BlitZ
                  Last edited by blitz; 02-12-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Good one man!

Comment

Turns out the chrome one was not for sale anymore, it had been discontinued. So what do i go and do, I buy the black one its alot more bad ass and it was 125 shipped so still a good deal. Its way bigger than the BCB-60 and will be perfect with the new way it mounts up. I would however like the hardware such as the input jacks and power supply off of a BCB-60

Comment

Right on man the black is kickass.

How are you at soldering? Those inputs would be fairly easy to make up.

Comment

Truthfully I would rather have the bcb-60's b/c they are compact. I am good at soldering but id rather not if i can help it

Comment

Working...
                          X