Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good quality studio headphones for around $150.00?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good quality studio headphones for around $150.00?

Can you folks suggest any good quality studio headphones for around $150.00?

Most night I am playing through my FX rack through headphones and the cheap Sony's I have do not cut it.

Suggestions?

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280's that were around $130. They sound pretty good. Much more clear than the older Sony headphones I was using.

Lately though I've given up on headphones and have gone to powered monitors. I noticed that over the last couple of years I've had headphones on so much that I have a harder time picking up conversations and such over background noise. It's like my brain forgot how to filter it out or something.

Here's a link to the Sennheisers...
    http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...dphones_004974
    Last edited by Hellbat; 02-12-2009, 02:33 PM. Reason: forgot link
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The cheap Sony's can not take any slight volume and distort really quickly so they gotta go.

Comment

I swear by Beyerdynamic DT100's - I've been using them over a decade. I also have active monitors but tend to use them during mixdown only.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Beyerdynamic phones are great. The DT series especially the 990 and 880 open backed headphones are exceptional for hunting down problem frequencies and studio monitoring in general. The 990 are suitable for mixing, though mastering is problematic as the bass balance is hard to find (a problem with headphones overall).

Comment

Carvin for $50. https://www.carvinguitars.com/produc...p?product=H40M
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X