Morely Little Alligator Volume..I've converted another non-beliver LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morely Little Alligator Volume..I've converted another non-beliver LOL

We recently acquired a new guitarist. During practice one night he said, how come I can hear your solos better than mine..I get lost in the mix. I pointed to my Little Alligator.
    We had a show last Saturday. As he's hooking up his gear, what comes out..yep a Gator. With a big grin LOL..
    I am still indebted to jgcable and hippietim for turning me on to this pedal. Best solo boost ever.

*disclaimer* must be used properly..in the effects loop.

Thats right Jeri! Thanks.... john G

Comment

Yes, that would definitely do the trick!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So, tell me more about this. I just picked up one of these pedals in a multi pedal deal and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I am guessing you put it in the loop with the minimum volume set 1/2 way or so then just press the pedal to get a boost?
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
          So, tell me more about this. I just picked up one of these pedals in a multi pedal deal and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I am guessing you put it in the loop with the minimum volume set 1/2 way or so then just press the pedal to get a boost?
          Probably a little more like 3/4 up.
          What you do is turn it 3/4's up. Set it at the heel position and set the volume level on your amp. With it set like that you should get around a 9db boost whe you go to the toe position.

Comment

Cool. I'll be giving that a shot this weekend at the new rehearsal space.

Thanks!
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              Probably a little more like 3/4 up.
              What you do is turn it 3/4's up. Set it at the heel position and set the volume level on your amp. With it set like that you should get around a 9db boost whe you go to the toe position.
              I believe that all new Splawns are being built with an
              extra volume pot already in the FX loop to help yield
              over-the-top performance at lower volumes. Not as good
              as a volume pedal where you can change settings on the
              fly, but interesting that a builder would incorporate a
              feature like this...

Comment

Wow I'm about to purchase a Lil Alligator and I din't realize that they should go thru the fx loop... or do they go thru the input to? whats the difference?

This is my current setup, guitar--Vox TLLE--Marshal DSL401 (but i'm thinking on going with at FRFR power speakers).... where should I plug it? into the input of the Vox Tonelab LE? thru its fx loop? after the TLLE? thru the amps FX Loop? now i'm really confused.
                Last edited by El Chiguete; 06-06-2009, 12:24 AM.
                '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

if you want volume boost for solo's put it in the loop. If you want to lessen the gain (like rolling down your guitars volume pot) put it out in front.

Comment

Based on John's recommendation, I have one on the way myself.

Comment

Its the only way to fly for fills and solo's. I wouldn't gig without one. Its a must have for every soloist (unless of course you have a sound engineer boosting your fills and solo's at the console.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                        Based on John's recommendation, I have one on the way myself.
                        You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          Its the only way to fly for fills and solo's. I wouldn't gig without one. Its a must have for every soloist (unless of course you have a sound engineer boosting your fills and solo's at the console.)
                          Typically I use a midi rack system for gigs so I have all kinds of options for boosting my volume, but I keep leaning toward going back to some of my amps and this seems to be the best way to fly

Comment

Just out of curiousity, are you guys running a 20ft cord from the send, to the volume pedal, then another 20 footer back to the return? Doesn't that degrade your tone pretty bad?

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                              Just out of curiousity, are you guys running a 20ft cord from the send, to the volume pedal, then another 20 footer back to the return? Doesn't that degrade your tone pretty bad?
                              Doesn't degrade the sound at all to my ears. If you are concerned.. just put a buffered non-bypass pedal in the loop in front of the volume pedal and it will boost the signal to compensate for the 2 20' cords. I have a Boss RV-3 and a chorus in the loop along with the Lil Alligator.

Comment

Working...
                              X