No announcement yet.

Morely Little Alligator Volume..I've converted another non-beliver LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Or if you have a Bogner Uberschall simply adjust the loop level knob so that you get a volume boost when you step on the Loop button on the provided foot controller No pedal necessary. Depending on whether the loop is off or on you get the volume boost
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      ...Or if you have a Bogner Uberschall simply adjust the loop level knob so that you get a volume boost when you step on the Loop button on the provided foot controller No pedal necessary. Depending on whether the loop is off or on you get the volume boost
      yea, but that only gives you one boost level. With a volume pedal you can add a touch of boost for fills and jump on it for solo's. The flexibility is what I'm talking about!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        yea, but that only gives you one boost level. With a volume pedal you can add a touch of boost for fills and jump on it for solo's. The flexibility is what I'm talking about!!
        Its an Uber, the fills and the solos are one and the same
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
          Its an Uber, the fills and the solos are one and the same
          Isn't it true that most Uber players don't play solo's anyway.. right??

Comment

Not true, in fact what was that one ad, Vocals: filler between solos!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Doesn't degrade the sound at all to my ears. If you are concerned.. just put a buffered non-bypass pedal in the loop in front of the volume pedal and it will boost the signal to compensate for the 2 20' cords. I have a Boss RV-3 and a chorus in the loop along with the Lil Alligator.
              Now you have my attention... Give me a few examples of buffered non-bypass pedals. Would a CH1 or DD3 fill this requirement? I'd like to experiment with my Little Alligator (its been collecting dust for three years) to bring the gain down for clean stuff and/or swell effects. I'm finally at the stage where I'm putting a live rig together for my band which will be gigging in the next month or so. I've been looking at MIDI switchers because I was afraid of excessive cable length in the loop and also heard they have circuitry built in that ensures there is no signal loss. I've never needed more than one sound, so this whole thing is kinda new to me.

Comment

..NOT!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                  Now you have my attention... Give me a few examples of buffered non-bypass pedals. Would a CH1 or DD3 fill this requirement? I'd like to experiment with my Little Alligator (its been collecting dust for three years) to bring the gain down for clean stuff and/or swell effects. I'm finally at the stage where I'm putting a live rig together for my band which will be gigging in the next month or so. I've been looking at MIDI switchers because I was afraid of excessive cable length in the loop and also heard they have circuitry built in that ensures there is no signal loss. I've never needed more than one sound, so this whole thing is kinda new to me.
                  the CH1 & DD3 are both non-bypass with buffers, so yea.

Or you could use something like a MI Audio Boost'n'Buff which is purpose built to act as a high impedance buffer to help maintain your guitar's tone over long cable runs while it's turned off. And when you turn it on, you can use it for either a flat boost or a treble boost, depending on how far you crank the knob. (And then you don't need to use your Little Alligator) It's the only non-truebypass pedal in MI Audio's lineup for tjhis reason.
                  http://www.mieffects.com/BnBinbrief.htm

The In Depth section explains how the buffer in this pedal differs from the standard buffer in most other non-truebypass pedals. Here's some blurb:
                  "So what's different about this buffer and the buffer you'd find on mass produced pedals? Well, the primary role of a buffer on a mass produced pedal is not to 'rescue' your guitar tone from degradation, but rather to drive the low quality transistor based switching system. The input impedance of these buffer circuits are thus designed not to keep all of the top end sparkle of your guitar tone. In some cases, the input impedance of this buffer is as low as 200kOhms, which is 25 times lower than the input impedance of the Boost 'n' Buff circuit."
                  Last edited by VitaminG; 06-12-2009, 06:40 AM.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post

Every Boss pedal is buffered. A Dunlop Crybaby is buffered.
                    Your CH1 and a DD3 are both buffered.

Comment

Working...
                    X