Krank amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krank amps?

Anyone tried them? Opinions? I've been thinking of getting one for the longest time but have never been able to play one now I might be getting a Chadwick in a couple weeks and looking for input
    ESP ltd EX-260
    Jackson Kx10
    Jackson DXMG (SD Blackouts)
    Crate GFX-212T
    Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
    Dunlop Crybaby from hell

What tuning do you play in? I played a Krankenstein in standard tuning and it sounded thin and real buzzy to me. But it might sound fatter if you play in C or B.

Comment

Originally posted by NateG80 View Post
      Anyone tried them? Opinions? I've been thinking of getting one for the longest time but have never been able to play one now I might be getting a Chadwick in a couple weeks and looking for input

Go with the Revolution head... I have two. You can dial in almost any tone you need.

Mike

Comment

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

You are about to get a mixed response wavering on the "Crap" side...(Thats where I stand after playing the Rev and the Kranken)

Here comes the most used phrase…”Tone is subjective” of course but…One has to wonder…why is this always the response when asking about this particular amp?

I found it lacking fullness…richness…

Its a love/hate thing but, Its as if people want to like them…and just can’t accept they are an over hyped/rated buzz box.

Do a search...You WILL find reviews.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Tone is subjective but Krank amps suck regardless. You are better off with a Randall Warhead.. lol...

Comment

Buy a Splawn.

Comment

Kranks completely suck ass..IMO!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  Tone is subjective but Krank amps suck regardless. You are better off with a Randall Warhead.. lol...
                  I remember when David Ellefson's band, F5, used Kranks and the clips I heard were bad, very bad. Talk about a hyped up amp! Anyway, it could always be the person using the amp. Not everyone knows how to dial in an amp. Now, if John says they suck, I tend to believe him because this cat knows tone! As does Bill.
                  "POOP"

Comment

I've not tried one, but the reviews aren't going too well.

I have a DSL100 1/2 stack, so what do I know

Comment

I prefer the DSL tone over the Krankenstien I played through, they were in the same room too. Same cab. I know many who love and hate the DSL. I owned one for a short time. The tone wasn't for me but it did not suck by a long shot...

Comment

I played one of the Rev Jr's - the mini stack. Very cool sounding amp - very big for its 25 watts. I dug it. Good crunch, lead and bluesy sounds.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Kranks suck big, fat, hairy, slimy-green, diseased, day-old donkey dicks.*

*With a side of hairy rat asses.

Sorry to be so vague. I'll really tell you how I feel about them if I must.
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                          X