Marshall Mode Four ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
    when I saw Testament with Alex in 2007 he was actually playing a MF...but like has been stated, Eric recorded all the rhythms on TFOD...
    Kids play with the Damndest things these days. Once I saw Jeff Loomis with a Krank. For the first time in 12 years his tone wasn't stellar to say the least.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Guitar World magazine had a story on Skolnick a bit ago and he said thats what he used for the cd. Could be bullshit, but I'll try to find the article and post the quote. Or I could've had too much to drink the day I read it .........

But back to the amp ....... Yup, I'm just looking for a good metal sound for practice. There's really not many music stores around here to try stuff out, so I'm kinda stuck.
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I affectionately refer to them as the "Commode For"...

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
          Guitar World magazine had a story on Skolnick a bit ago and he said thats what he used for the cd. Could be bullshit, but I'll try to find the article and post the quote. Or I could've had too much to drink the day I read it .........
          In the December issue of Guitar Player (Carlos Santana on the cover), Alex says he used a JCM 2000 on the record with a modified Tube Screamer pedal, and a Mode 4 while on tour. Eric used a 5150 III on the album, not sure if he toured with it or not.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Never cared for the M4 head.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              In the December issue of Guitar Player (Carlos Santana on the cover), Alex says he used a JCM 2000 on the record with a modified Tube Screamer pedal, and a Mode 4 while on tour. Eric used a 5150 III on the album, not sure if he toured with it or not.
              Ok, maybe thats what put that idea in my head. Thanks for proving that I indeed did have too much to drink !

So far I haven't heard anyone say anything good about the MF. I'll take that as a sign to cross it off my list. Thanks a lot for your comments. Ya'll probably saved me some bucks and the trouble of reselling an amp head
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                Ok, maybe thats what put that idea in my head. Thanks for proving that I indeed did have too much to drink !

So far I haven't heard anyone say anything good about the MF. I'll take that as a sign to cross it off my list. Thanks a lot for your comments. Ya'll probably saved me some bucks and the trouble of reselling an amp head
                Actually, there were a couple people here that did like the Mode 4. I believe Ivan (Robotechnology) said he liked it, and so did PsychoDave.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I *REALLY* wanted to like it, especially since there are some deals to be had on it, but I just can't do it. I love the Marshall sound, but I can't make a Marshall sound good for some reasno (besides my suck-ass playing), although I can dial in pretty good stuff with other Marshall-based amps. Weird. With that said, I'm pretty satisified with My Mesa F-series, and have my POD Pro to back it up when I get bored - like yesterday. I messed around with the L6 "Insane" patch - HOLY SCHITE - that is one intense amp model... It made for a fun half-hour!

Comment

Working...
                  X